1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

You'll have been cranking out a ton of awesome stuff recently. Not to pressure, but any updates on the G&L casual suit coat separates progress? And will they be something that could be worn in a business casual environment?

2. sacafotos

sacafotos Senior member

Curious about the indigo Terry French hoodie. What's the best way to get rid of most of the blending? Haven't bought it yet but have experienced this with indigo shirts.

I assume cold wash, gentle cycle, cold rinse...without detergent?

3. applky

applky Senior member

Ain't that the truth.

@sacafotos I don't think there's any bleeding on those items. After they're dyed, they're double rinsed. My dark pique shirt hasn't bled. Washing the garment yourself before you wear, of course, is always good practice.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Senior member

Just got the delivery notice that my first Rivets + Eggshells and Doyle arrive today. Can't wait!

1 person likes this.
  5. Foxhound

Foxhound Senior member

Carmina WWII Field Boots arrived today, thanks very much guys.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  6. tricky

tricky Senior member

Love these. The only black boots I own.

7. Don L

Don L Senior member

Loro Piana MTO Walt's and #8 Alt Wien's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  8. Uncle Festus

Uncle Festus Member

Nice! Can't wait for my special order color #8 Alt Wiens to come in...I must be patient.

Mike

9. TweedyProf

TweedyProf Senior member Dubiously Honored

Just want to thanks Matt and Mike for their help on FFs. I was definitely a pest but they were good natured about it. Came away feeling good.

10. Goodman

Goodman Senior member

Yeah, they're good like that.

Did you go with the Sienna Farmer's Check? I was of the same mind in regard to the NMWA sport coat.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  11. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

Thanks! It's the other FF EP Jacket I got from last year - a french blue and sand guncheck. And the hat's from Goorin Brothers!

The shirt is from the old Run of the Mill collaboration started by Lawrence Schlossman (Four Pins), Jon Moy (Four Pins), and Jeremy Kirkland (The Armoury). They don't make them anymore, but you could find a shirt with an extreme cutaway like that at any online MTM place. The tie is navy Drake's silk grenadine. It is by far my favorite tie and what I often refer to as "the only tie you need to own."

Quote:
    Aww, man. I was trying to post this the last couple of days, but I couldn't access Styleforum! Anyway, here were my favorites:

1. Green Harris Tweed jacket - I can't remember the exact name of this swatch (I believe it was like green with midnight check or something), but this swatch was hands down my favorite fabric sample of the whole batch. I hesitated and didn't pick it up because I felt with my loden jacket, I didn't need another green jacket, but I think I made a poor decision and it sold out right away. This jacket seems like it would go with anything and whoever picked it up is going to be in for a treat.

2. Concord Blanket - I really, really like this fabric. It's got a lot of fall hues in it and think it's going to look great paired with grey flannels or brown cords. In the end, I did decide against it though. I couldn't picture how an entire jacket would look with this make up and was afraid it was going to be too busy. I also think because of the navy tones in the jacket, it makes it harder to wear with jeans. I probably made another bad call though and should have gotten it.

3. Sienna Farmer Check - I love this jacket and think it has the perfect color tones. This would have been my number 2 pick after the green Harris Tweed jacket, but I didn't grab it since I already own a gun check. The tones in this jacket are unbelievable and I think this would look killer with some brown cords and a burgundy tie. I hope some of you guys got this because I want to see it!

4. Tobacco Pop Check - Another great fabric with diverse colors. Don't let the pattern fool you, I think this jacket will be pretty easy to wear with jeans, grey flannels, and almost anything else. The variety of colors in the jacket also let it work with both navy and burgundy ties, which I think is a plus.

HOWEVER, in the end, I decided to go with:

1. Cream Houndstooth - I didn't see this jacket get a lot of love in the thread, but I think this jacket is going to be pretty solid. I plan on rocking it with grey flannels, olive moleskins, and jeans. The midweight is going to make this jacket more diverse because I'll probably be able to wear it almost year-round in the Bay Area.

2. Cranberry Marl - This fabric is the sleeper and it's going to kick some serious butt. Don't let the burgundy movie usher vibe fool you, this thing is going to look killer with some of the fits I have planned. It's about as rock and roll as you can get in CM.

Anyway, those were my picks for jackets!

12. TweedyProf

Yes I did. I think it's going to be awesome. Cords, flannels (tan to light brown; light to light mid gray), midnight grenadine grossa, brown suede chukkas.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  13. applky

applky Senior member

Pssh. Piccola is where it's at. [​IMG]

But yeah, anxious to see that Farmer's Check!

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys,

Just checking in - sorry for any delayed PM's, I was locked out of SF for the past two days.

Thanks to everyone who ordered Factory Finds - this is going to be a killer round!

For this week we've got some new Fall 2014 Walts on deck and the slub henleys. I'm shooting to get that all online by tomorrow.

15. TweedyProf

Grossa's for farmers! [​IMG]

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I was locked out as well...It was agonizing only having to focus on work all day [​IMG]

I owe you a PM with some jacket sizing and will get it to you tomorrow. Sorry

17. applky

applky Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  18. TweedyProf

19. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Excited for the first offering of new FW'14 Walts :slayer:

Mike - what do you have planned for sweaters for the upcoming season?

20. applky

applky Senior member

Blue-Green Linen Everything

[​IMG]

Ashland/Keystone lavender chambray shirt
    LBM navy linen SC
    Juniper linen Walts
    Carmina caramel calf dub monks

Vanda linen tie, Robert Talbot linen PS, greenish Marcoliani argyles

[​IMG]

5 people like this.