1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Nah, make it Portland, OR. ;)

2. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Senior member

Pfft... Detroit is where they should locate! Retail space is cheap and labor is plentiful! :nodding:

On another note - Any chance Epaulet will ever offer a bleeding madras shirt? I would love to see what you guys could do with some of those great colors.

3. Louys

Louys Senior member

If anyone is willing to proxy drop me a PM. I'd be happy to pay for your services.

4. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Ah, you misspelled there - I'm sure you meant Poland [​IMG]. On a side note, I really wouldn't mind more USA down here. Especially your troops, given what has recently been happening in our region of Eastern Europe (Russia's intrusion in Crimea).

This idea has my vote if it means any [​IMG].

5. aldenfan

aldenfan Senior member

+1

6. applky

applky Senior member

Thanks for the announcement, Mike! Here's looking forward to the next Epaulet incarnation.

In the meantime:

[​IMG]

Gant x Bastian flecked donegal herringbone SC (from FW 2011, bought from EP)
    Gitman x EP MTO bengal stripe cutaway collar shirt
    Unseen: Pearl grey lightweight flannel Walts, Carmina x EP GMTO snuff suede chukkas
    Vanda tie and PS

4 people like this.
  7. tricky

tricky Senior member

Don't come to Toronto. I like not seeing anyone wearing the same stuff :)

8. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

We all know that the Bay Area has already called dibs for the next storefront!

2 people like this.
  9. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

^ One in SF in the next 3 months before I'm outta here, please.

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha, thanks guys! Actually, SF was our first thought for a West Coast brick and mortar shop. I'm quite sure that it would have been a success.

The thing is, we've had a lot of strategy meetings. Most of our business is online. And I believe that our strength is products. We aim to put out the best merchandise possible and to make a lot of it. Opening shops is a long and expensive process - and it often takes a year or two before you're actually earning anything. And that's certainly not guaranteed.

Running the LA store was a lot of fun, and we fought to spend an equal amount of time developing new items here. But doing this store took funds and labor that could have been used to upgrade the website, expand our communication, develop deeper into product categories. Someone wrote here a few months ago that he became bored with Epaulet at the start of Fall. And in many ways, I can understand - as we spent a lot of lead-up time to the season working on the LA store and the move. We're now focused more on the product than ever before, and we're seeing the benefits with great sell-throughs, a lot of enthusiasm for the brand, better press, and more satisfied and engaged customers.

A while back, Dylan and I came to LA and did a trunk show at the Downtown Standard hotel. In terms to bringing our experience to a local level, I want to develop this concept. It's not realistic for me to open a store in Chicago, but it is realistic for me to rent a hotel room, ship a representative amount of product and swatches there, and have a day-long trunk show followed by a night-time meet and greet. We can hold that in a network of cities, and potentially even partner with other stores or spaces.

We have a lot of great things on deck, and you're going to see development of the Epaulet brand like never before. We're going to bring footwear to the market that's going to blow you away. We're going to have a world-class denim collection. We'll refine and expand our trousers, suiting, and Made to Order services. We want to be the best, most diverse shop for high-quality menswear at a range of price points, and with an unwavering commitment to quality, consistency, and fit.

(haha, can you tell I've been writing all kinds of PR blurbs lately).

11 people like this.
  11. malwear

malwear Senior member

In that case, I (and a few others here) are going to insist you do a DC trunk show.

2 people like this.
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

13. Epaulet

Absolutely, both places are on our list, and very easy.

Boston will absolutely happen this Fall. We'll be headed to MA for factory visits regardless, so doing a one-day show at a hotel there is a no-brainer. We can take all of the merchandise in a truck.

1 person likes this.
  14. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Definitely need a picture of you with a mesh trucker hat and the leather driving gloves...

The trunk show would be amazing, especially if we could get an idea for upcoming items and be able to order non stock sizes versus seeing what comes out and either waiting for a MTO or be out of luck for items like gloves that are ordered way in advance...

15. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

16. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Excellent. Let's catch up. Happy to assist if need be

17. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

More or less living in the Doyle these days (Carmina Jodhpur cameo, as well)

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  18. Epaulet

Awesome. No, we'll definitely do this. I have a bunch of MA trips planned in the Fall, so it will be easy to pull off. We could even do a big SF thread meeting at a bar or so.

Awesome - it would be great if you can make it!

And yes, anyone who comes by, please don't hesitate to just try anything on for size. It's all at your disposal. 4/19 will be a great day to meet other folks and meet us in person if you haven't yet. I should have a bunch of samples that I can show off as well.

Regarding "cash purchases," it means actual cash paid in the store. You can pay with a credit card as well, but we'll have a deeper discount for those using cash. There's a bunch of banks and ATM's in the area.

1 person likes this.
  19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Anyone going to SM closing and willing to proxy please shoot me a PM

20. TO Tie Guy

TO Tie Guy Senior member

Hope we don't cross paths for fear of you being mad! :happy: