• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dry clean the wool pants Everything else - pants and shirts - is cold washed and hung to dry and ironed. The casual shirts I don't iron and leave rumpled.

Last edited:

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dupedd (quote function on the SF website isn't working):

For the Cotton/Cashmere FF rivets, which I also have, I'd dry clean them as the tag suggests. They have a fair amount of cashmere in them and probably shouldn't be washed. Matt alerted me to this a while back -- thanks Matt!

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ good call. I forgot about the cashmere blends.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe it's the FF Rivets then...anybody else get any mysterious shipping notifications recently? According to the tracking my package should be here tomorrow, so I'll find out then.

Got my package today, it was actually a pair of brown houndstooth Rudys I got as a one-off order a few weeks ago. So no Ridy pre-order or FF Rivets yet, but I'm sure they're coming shortly.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The brown houndstooth is so so sick. My favorite pair of pants.

Even in my avatar! I have to be careful to not wear them too often or I'll need a second pair.

Last edited:

docka

Reaction score
1) I purchased the 120s navy and medium gray trousers. Which trouser should be next in my collection? I was looking at the dove gray hopsack, but I'm afraid that the color is too similar to the medium gray. I already have charcoal HY pants. What are your thoughts?

2) These are my following size measurements: chest - 34, sleeve - 32, shoulders-17. Which size would fit me best in Epaulet dress shirts?

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^You probably need to special order size XS. My chest measures 37" on the dot and I wear a small.

Madras Walt today:

Simplicio

Reaction score
WJ4, I like that SC. I need to find something like that.

This was me on Saturday. Special order SC (lightweight wool), in the Napoli unstructured fit. The lightweight wool is still comfortable here, where it rarely goes above 70˚. Trousers are the lightweight silk/linen blend. They have a slightly greenish cast. I can't recall the name, but I dig them.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

WJ4, I like that SC. I need to find something like that.

This was me on Saturday. Special order SC (lightweight wool), in the Napoli unstructured fit. The lightweight wool is still comfortable here, where it rarely goes above 70˚. Trousers are the lightweight silk/linen blend. They have a slightly greenish cast. I can't recall the name, but I dig them.

Looking good. A nice combination of subdued colors.

Omar1223

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how big are the lapels on the napoli

Pastor

Reaction score

@dupedd (quote function on the SF website isn't working):

For the Cotton/Cashmere FF rivets, which I also have, I'd dry clean them as the tag suggests. They have a fair amount of cashmere in them and probably shouldn't be washed. Matt alerted me to this a while back -- thanks Matt!

Mike advised that I wash mine in cold water and hang dry. I did this as soon as I received my cotton/cashmere FF rivets. I'm glad I did as the length shrunk up a bit. After that initial washing i've dry-cleaned them every other time. Primarily because I don't want them to fade.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads