1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Louys

Louys Senior member

I'm really sad to hear that the west coast is losing its brick and mortar. Though the worst part, at least for me, is that that's my birthday, I'll be in LA , but still can't make it. I never got a chance to make it in person. I do hope that Mike offers something for those unable to attend that specific day.

2. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

Hey guys, I just stumbled across this from Well Spent. It sounds like the plans have always been to only temporarily open a B&M store in LA.

Well Spent: Tell us about the EPLA line. What led to its creation, and how is it different from the Epaulet main line?
    Michael Kuhle: This past August, my wife and I moved to Los Angeles to have a baby, open a temporary storefront, and start production out here. I love LA and it’s inspirational to live here. There’s an exciting energy all around, and it’s tough to complain when the weather is predictably, tirelessly perfect every single day. Yeah, there’s traffic. But there’s also Chicken and Waffles. It’s all about tradeoffs.

See more at http://well-spent.com/2014/04/09/seven-questions-epaulet/

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

For those who didn't get it, this was in the Epaulet newsletter that went out this morning.

4. Mr Clemson

Mr Clemson Senior member

First, I should have read my newsletter lol.

Second, anyone willing to be a proxy for sales in my size? [​IMG]

5. Reveille

Reveille Well-Known Member

I went by the SM store yesterday and heard the news firsthand from Mike. I'll let him explain the reasons for closing the store, but to me it sounded like he still wants to come out to Los Angeles for development to continue to roll out those awesome EPLA items. It sucks that we're losing out on a wonderful B&M location where I could actually see, feel, and try on the clothes, but that won't stop me from buying Epaulet items in the future.

6. nathanl

nathanl Senior member

7. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I confess, I did just check Southwest fares from the Bay Area to LA on the 19th.

8. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Is the 19th the actual last day the SM store will be open? I just booked a ticket to LA for the 26th, of course :)

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

^ That is literally what the letter says - 19th is the last day.

1 person likes this.
  10. thirdman

thirdman Senior member

Thanks, I should've read it more carefully...

11. chrisbkreme

chrisbkreme Senior member

Anyone wanna proxy some stuff haha?

12. prozach1576

prozach1576 Senior member

Bummer about the store. I was looking forward to stopping in on my trip to LA next month.

13. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Santa Monica Store

Hey guys,

Yes, as you've read - we are sadly closing the Santa Monica store on April 19th. There's two main reasons for it:

We entered the space on a sublease. This was great because the costs of getting it started were minimal and the space was essentially move-in ready. Very well priced too. But I always knew that the lease would be subject to renewal at an unknown rate. Getting a storefront in SoCal is typically a huge 5 or 10 year commitment, so this was a relatively inexpensive way for us to test the waters. The store is doing alright, but not good enough for me to hire someone in my absence and sign on for a higher rent.

And I love living here, but I need to have the freedom to travel in order to do my job. So much of our product development is dependent upon face time and meetings at our factories. Before we had the baby, I could travel every few weeks, but now it's kind of impossible. Someone has to run the shop and our family is on the East Coast. At this stage, Adele and I need to be based in NYC to effectively do our jobs.

So, it was a tough decision, but we're excited to get "back in the New York Groove." And just to stress - this in no way means that the Epaulet Los Angeles line is being shelved. We're investing a lot in that, and we're planning it to grow into a very large part of our overall business.

And regarding the sale. It's essentially a store closing clearance - meant to clean out some stock that I'd otherwise have to ship back and to reward the LA customers who have supported the shop over the past year. I'd really like guys to come by that day - especially first-timers - and meet us and the other epaulet customers there. And I know that it sometimes takes a huge sale to convince people to brave the freeway on a beach-friendly Saturday :). So respectfully, these deals will only be offered in-store, although proxy'ing is fine.

2 people like this.
  14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

edit: Mike commented

15. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Trying to decide between the Espresso & Olive Super 120s.
    Mike and others that own them.....which one do you find more versatile?

16. neutrino

neutrino Senior member

17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Being on the West Coast, I was hoping to get a chance to visit SM so I'm sad you're leaving, but glad you got to test the waters.

If anyone is interested in proxying stuff, I'm sure there would be plenty of takers here. It can be a bit a of PITA but you'd have many thankful customers from this thread!

Honestly, I bet you could start a thread in B&S and get people to chime in there about interest, etc.

2 people like this.
  18. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

If Epaulet is ever back in the market for a third outpost, may I humbly suggest our Nation's Capital, a short 4.5-hour drive to the south? DC is no New York, but its reputation as a cultural and sartorial backwater is way overstated. There are a lot of people in the area with disposable income and the willingness to spend it to eat well and dress well. The Southern Prep look has a particularly strong foothold, as evidenced by Sid Mashburn's interest in opening a B&M here, and I think Washingtonians would really respond to the goods Epaulet is selling.

2 people like this.
  19. kwanon

kwanon Senior member

Yes, please.

20. stmaier

stmaier Senior member

Indeed. Can I be your unofficial boot designer if you do have an outpost here?