1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Don L

Don L Senior member

Grey POW Super 130's maiden voyage. The hand on these is fantastic. Highly recommend these especially at the Sales Price.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. HughJ

HughJ Senior member

Some days I leave for work and it's looking ok, and then I have to slog through a foot of snow to get to the snowblower when I get home. This winter has sucked for that (and for blown our snow tires with impossible wheel sizes, but that's another story....)

I used several coats of polish on my scotch grains as thinman suggested, plus sno-seal on the welt for good measure. Super low maintenance after that. Grain leather cleans up so easily.

3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

I've out the scotch grain jodhpurs through hell this winter and they're holding up nicely.

Renovateur is incredible and has been mostly what I used. Although I did put some wax that came with a pair of Blundstone boots on them for a little extra resistance.

Obenauf's would probably work well on the black scotch, because it really can't darker them too much (seeing as how they're black). Nano Protector would work as well.

Bottom line, those boots are meant to take a beating!

2 people like this.
  4. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

I wrote a post a while back on my blog about the history of Scotch Grain and one of the things I found out is that scotch grain leather isn’t inherently more water resistant compared to other leather, which can be a common misconception. If anything, the bumpy texture of the leather allows water to roll off more easily, but that’s about it.
    Shoes with scotch grain usually fair better in bad weather conditions because they also feature rubber Danite soles and stormwelts - two features that will not only keep your feet dry, but also prevent water from seeping into the inner parts of your shoe, which would wear them out faster. Throw some Obenauf’s LP on top of that and you’ll find that your scotch grain shoes will carry you through the harshest of elements.

2 people like this.
  5. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Senior member

[​IMG]
    Epaulet Navy Hopsack Walts on a warm Sunday afternoon in San Francisco.

And to top it off, I got received this yesterday:
    [​IMG]
    My MTO Southwick Navy Hopsack blazer. Looking forward to getting it tailored and then going to wear the hell out of it. Much thanks to the Epaulet crew (especially Matt who checked up on this for me)!

3 people like this.
  6. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

That box looks exciting. I'm expecting Rudys to arrive by the end of the week as well. :slayer:

7. PCK1

PCK1 Senior member

I wouldn't bother treating scotch grain with anything.

Just put shoe trees in them after every wearing, brush them with a horsehair brush, let them dry.

Depending on the amount you wear them, apply a small amount of saphir renovateur (dime sized) to each boot when needed. Follow with a dime sized amount of appropriately colored cream polish. You can apply wax to the heels and toes after this if you want to achieve a high-gloss mirror shine and if you know how to create this type of shine.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  8. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Very nice. I dig those shoes too.
    Linen won't typically be harmed with a gentle cold wash and hang dry, but it can shrink in unpredictable ways. It it could shrink a bit in width/length and not be too tight on you, then I'd say no problem. But since the factory deems it as dry clean only, I can't estimate how much it will shrink, or if it will at all.
    Great fit overall. Those pants really kick ass. Are they EG?
    If all goes according to plan, I'll have the Grey, White and Indigo Restock Wilshires on Friday in the Santa Monica store. Pushing like crazy for that. It will take a few days for fit photos, but I'll be able to shoot studio pretty quickly and have them online and ready for sale by Saturday. You guys will be the first to know when they come in. Fabric is 14oz Kaihara Selvedge - it's the same yarn as the indigo, just a dark steel grey color. They're going to be amazing! And yes, we should be able to accommodate Navy Digicam special orders in Walt/Rudy/Driggs. The factory went through a rough patch with the psycho weather here and got backed up significantly, so I put off the Trouser MTO program for a few weeks. But we should be able to get that online by the end of the month. I'm just waiting on word that they can commit to a 4-6 week delivery period again.
    Absolutely, we can do a Rudy special of the Salt/Pepper tweed right now. We've made quite a few of them. Email Matt at matt[at]epauletnewyork.com and he can set that up for you. And glad to hear that you guys like the Wool/Cash/Mink trousers! I'm absolutely loving my pair. We've got some stock remaining and online if anyone out there is interested. This fabric is completely cut and made, so we're not able to restock or offer special orders in it. These are the last remaining units of a really incredible trouser. We actually haven't mentioned this in our email newsletter yet, so it's going to get blasted out tomorrow. If any SF guys are interested, then you're pretty much the only people in the know about the on-hand inventory right now. Wool-Cash-Mink Walt Trouser Charcoal: sizes 28,30,32,33 Wool-Cash-Mink Walt Trouser Sienna Brown: sizes 30,31,32,33,34 Wool-Mink-Cash Rudy Trouser Sienna Brown: size 36 only
    Excellent! You're going to love it! It's a great camera to play around with. My only suggestions are: 1) Shoot in Aperture Priority, ISO Auto Mode 2) It's got a GREAT flash for party and event photos. You can get really close (3" away) and still have proper, clean exposures that aren't washed out) 3) I added +1 to the sharpness settings for in-camera processing and I just shoot jpegs. They look brilliant and print out nicely
    I've never babied Scotchgrain, and I find it really resistant to all sorts of crap. I think that you can absolutely use Obenaufs. Nano Protector is great too. I'd say that anything really goes for it. The only stuff that I stay away from - at least in the earlier stages of wearing the shoe - is colored polishes. Scotchgrain has that hard finish and tends to absorb oils and water less than calf, cow, or shell. When I polish it with a wax, I find that it has a tendency to rub off on clothing and furniture. So I stick with light coats of clear and neutral things.
    Oh yes! Thanks for picking up the jacket and enjoy it!

9. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

PSA -- If you are a size 32 and are looking for trousers less slim than the Walts, check the sale section. I even left a few pairs for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. TM79

TM79 Senior member

How's the leg opening on the Walt? I have a size 12 shoe so while I am 6'1 and 170 and can certainly handle slimmer stuff I don't like too much tapering and a narrower leg opening because the shoes end up looking very stupid and enlarged.

Edit: Ah, I see 8" for a 32. Whoops. Time to measure some of my other pants to compare.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  11. tricky

tricky Senior member

I'm 6'1 165-170 and wear 33 in Walts. Check out my photos submitted for the contest entry to see how the Walts fit with 11D shoes.

12. member2000r

member2000r Senior member

Dear Mike,

When I measure my hand for gloves, shall I expand my finger as much as possible, expand it naturally or make them close to each other?

13. TM79

TM79 Senior member

Oh nice. Good look. I may be purchasing some Walts pretty soon.

14. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Senior member

[​IMG]
    Epaulet suit and Ashland tie

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Thanks for the compliments, dudes. Sadly, I'm a pretty boring guy so smoking cigar is probably out of the question. I might pass out with a Bud Light! Haha.

Similar set up today. The cardigan may be one of my earliest Epaulet buys. Also, Carmina boots.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  16. tricky

tricky Senior member

Glad I woke up early to see one pair of orange windowpane tweed Walts and brown LBM heavily discounted.

I don't ever remember seeing those Walts so nice surprise.

Still wish I'd grabbed than chambray LBM - truly the perfect summer casual piece.

Now will wait patiently for the hoodies to drop :)

17. Don L

Don L Senior member

OK, so all 3 LBM's in the Sale section are in my size. Seems I need to grab one since I have been eyeing them from afar for far too long.
    Blue, Grey or go Chambray......

18. Irish

Irish Senior member

Sounds like a rhetorical question but I'll answer anyway. I think Navy. I like the grey, but I think it might wear a little flat. With grey I'd rather something w/ some depth like that linen/silk swatch someone posted this week. And personally I've just never been a fan of chambray or light blue. I always end up looking like these guys:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  19. tricky

tricky Senior member

Hahaha that's hilarious. The blue is awesome and grey is ok but the chambray is killer if you rock it really casual - someone posted a fit pic and it was pretty dope.

Still laughing at that photo!

20. BootSpell

BootSpell Senior member

I picked up two of the LBMs during the sale. I have the grey as well as the navy herringbone that's now gone. Even though I have the grey and like it a lot, I would personally go with the navy. The navy herringbone is a touch less casual than the grey or this navy pique, and heavier. The chambray is pretty cool, too.

1 person likes this.