• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think those shoes are too casual.
I like the fit. Do you feel the sleeves are too long?
I really want this jacket now.

Shoes were just what I happened to have on when I took the photo and didn't bother changing them. Question was therefore rhetorical. :) Perhaps there's a rhetorical emoticon I missed somewhere... No plans currently to actually ever sport the mocs and Marcello out and about, though I suppose I wouldn't totally exclude the possibility.

I'm OK with the sleeves, thought they might stand being a little bit shorter. I'll probably just go with it as is for now.

And thanks to everyone for the feedback.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rob is bringing the heat in the last couple of pages!

The cranberry trousers are great. From afar, they are quite mute. From close, you can see the colors.

Moss Bedford Chinos today:
tumblr_mdk8wgsXxo1rux7jzo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mdk8wgsXxo1rux7jzo2_1280.jpg

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^wj4, you need to get an animal for your head. Maybe coyote out west?
And I like that wool jacket. Where's it from?

Frank: Dude, I so want one! Then I can battle Rob with his head attire :slayer::embar: JK

The jacket is from Paul Smith Jeans...really warm. Fully lined like a suit jacket.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent pairing wj4

Thank you. These chinos are one of my favs...they're not that heavy in weight, if I had to guess, I'd say 8 oz? But they are pretty warm!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure Mike is going to re order these for Spring...check with him, but they are so worth it, absolutely beautiful.

Yes, I believe that's right. He is reordering the jump boots. Also, note that the Forest last is available in a wide fitting too, if that's something you need.

momentoftruth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
w4j how do you find the fit on the cord rivets? I ask because I notice how the thinner fabrics tend to fit tighter than the coarser ones, or at least that's my impression

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Rolling out new product on both sites as we speak. Newsletter is going to be mad late today, but should get sent around 5 or so.

In the meantime, I've got two long-awaited Sportcoats for you. The Weller in UK Donegal Navy and UK Donegal Salt & Pepper:

Weller Sportcoat UK Donegal Tweed Salt & Pepper: $695

Matching Walt Trouser are here

Weller Sportcoat UK Donegal Tweed Navy: $695

Matching Walt Trousers are here

I'm pretty jazzed about this. One of my ambitions for this season was to offer tweed suit separates, and it finally came together. Not only do these look impossibly boss as a suit, but they're also very easy to wear separately. The sportcoats go well with a whole range of trousers, chinos and denim.

Now, there's one catch here. We've got almost zilcho fabric remaining in the two matching tweeds. Enough to cut an extra 4 units of Salt & Pepper, and maybe 6 units of Navy. Right now I have most sizes covered in the trousers, but we've been selling through it pretty quickly since the weather turned, so we may be down to just a few pairs per size. If you're interested in the whole suit and we've got both elements, then you'll want to pick it up sooner than later. If you take a Rudy trouser and need a matching pant, then we'll be giving priority to anyone who purchases the jacket first. Neither of these fabrics will be run in the next general Rudy pre-order (coming hopefully next week!)

scottcw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great new stuff, Mike.

Should I be at all concerned that a USPS shipment is stuck on "Electronic Shipping Info Received?" I take it USPS just hasn't updated its records...

jimney

Reaction score
Mike - Is there any chance of a brown chromexcel Brixton ever coming into play, or is the natural my best bet?

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great new stuff, Mike.
Should I be at all concerned that a USPS shipment is stuck on "Electronic Shipping Info Received?" I take it USPS just hasn't updated its records...

I wouldn't be concerned unless it stays at that state for 3+ days.
There is an inevitable delay between printing out postage and actually dropping off at PO (and getting scanned there).
And even then their system isn't exactly real-time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads