• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some members of this forum consider all animals equal but some to be more equal than the others. This is ridicuoulus, elephants are vulnerable but not endengared. To us elephant may be intelligent and beautiful but to some African villagers elephants are no better than what wolves are to some American or Canadian rancher.
As far as I am concern if some westerner wants to buy elephant skin for shoes and some African wants to sell legally harvested elephant, no one should interfere.
Not to call out anyone on this forum but some "first world" citizens behave as moral imperialist. I am trying to imagine what would be a reaction if some one from sub-Saharan Africa demanded that Europeans tear down ski resorts and recreate a habitant for brown bear.

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, African elephants are not endangered?  I think that might be one of those alternative facts we are hearing about these days.  I agree fully with Leaves, I have a hard time wrapping my head around supporting the use of skins of such an intelligent animal and one that is threatened at that.  I also think that whether or not the skins are "legally sourced" or not, there is a lot motivation where money is concerned to make things legal that otherwise should not be.  Anyway, that doesn't mean I think you're a bad person for wearing elephant but it's not for me.  I agree there is an arbitrariness in what we each find acceptable and do not. 

Without speaking to any of the other points you're making, the fact that African elephants are not endangered is absolutely not an "alternative fact". Asian elephants, however, are endangered.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hermitize enjoy
1f60a.png

Hermitize

Reaction score
Geez. THANK YOU! I keep dreaming about an EB Button boot. Waiting to see if Skoak will have a stock model

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some members of this forum consider all animals equal but some to be more equal than the others. This is ridicuoulus, elephants are vulnerable but not endengared. To us elephant may be intelligent and beautiful but to some African villagers elephants are no better than what wolves are to some American or Canadian rancher.
As far as I am concern if some westerner wants to buy elephant skin for shoes and some African wants to sell legally harvested elephant, no one should interfere.
Not to call out anyone on this forum but some "first world" citizens behave as moral imperialist. I am trying to imagine what would be a reaction if some one from sub-Saharan Africa demanded that Europeans tear down ski resorts and recreate a habitant for brown bear.

You're equating this to Orwell? Ok.

youtubs

Reaction score
I had planned to get a Button Boot with Peccary this year after seeing some of the great makeups last year. I recently saw a picture of some nice shoes in navy shell on the Solegarb Instagram and decided I'd check in and see if he had any navy Peccary to go with it. He did! So, I decided to go all in and go for a navy shell + navy peccary make up. I'm going to do this as a single MTO, but wanted to check if there was enough interest to do this as a GMTO for a better price. Here's the make up I worked out with Lorenzo. A lot of this was based on the black calf/peccary make up I've seen and Vystril's recent shell/tweed button boot make up. This will be a sleek, dark and sexy blue version of it. I'm really excited about it.
Make up:
804 last
Upper will use the Balway pattern seen on Tdes81's make-up here
Makeup will be Navy Shell and Navy/Blue Peccary. Navy shell for the upper and navy/blue peccary for the shaft.
Real cap toe
No medallion
270 degree hand welt
no pull tab
Black edge finish
Black single 3A 7mm leather sole. Normal leather sole is 5mm and double is 9mm, so this will be in between)
Island rubber sole - like Vystril's make up. This is a leather sole which has the center cut out and rubber inserted. This gives it a leather look from all sides except the bottom, and allows for the donkey back sole as well. It will look like this, except the leather sole will be black.
Purple goat lining
Blue buttons
5 brass nails at toe
I opted to NOT go with the bombe waist

Navy/Blue Peccary
Navy Shell + Navy Peccary 1
Navy Shell + Navy Peccary 2
Navy Shell + Navy Peccary 3

I'm still waiting on a timeline, and Lorenzo is checking around for more interest elsewhere. I'm pretty set on the details, but if you'd like to change something feel free to ask.
Pricing
GMTO Total $1209
Boot $735
Shell and Pecary $455
sole donkey back $12
Black sole $7

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone comment on the 946 E width vs Carmina Simpson? Does the 946 E have more forefoot/toe room?
@cattitude has shared some info which has been great, but I would like to hear more please

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru