• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... but you do have a point and it should be stressed more often. We often have to explain to clients in the shop that the calf and bovine skins are all bi-products of the meat industry and the animals are not raised just to be made into shoes.

The other thing I think about (maybe justification?) is that at least when buying from makers that use high grade leather, you have a good idea of where it's coming from and how it's being made. When purchasing $30 "genuine" leather footwear it's most likely being made in a 3rd world country doing who knows what to the environment. Not so much when leather is coming from Horween or Tannery de Puy. I think the environmental impact of a well crafted pair of shoes is significantly less than your average sneaker or mass marketed "leather" shoe.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Putting these to work in the NYC slush.

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing those hippo boot pics is making me really wonder where those oxblood zug boots are in the pipeline. Sadly, I think boot season is getting close to its finish down here...

tdes81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing those hippo boot pics is making me really wonder where those oxblood zug boots are in the pipeline. Sadly, I think boot season is getting close to its finish down here...

One of the benefits of living in ND is that it's boot season like 9 months out of the year. :)

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ skoak already has a dark brown chukka on that last- I wanted 363 because it's more casual (and the rubber sole as well)

Last edited:

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ skoak already has a dark brown chukka on that last- I wanted 363 because it's more casual (and the rubber sole as well)

Yeah their model is nice. But my size sold out last summer unfortunately. Should have pulled the trigger.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Museum calf chukkas:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey so I know I posted a while back about my new custom last from EB. We worked on a few changes to really get it down and ended up making two different lasts but in suede chukka boots. Here they are and let me know what you think. If you consider a custom last, it is well worth the uncharge and you will get great service.

Lorenzo and the Bonafe family were a great help in getting these lasts together for me. This was a trial shoe we made before finalizing the two lasts and options.

They were still wide with too much volume as you can see so we made adjustments.

As you can see the fit was improved greatly for this pair and I had it made as a blake stitch to show you guys how the EB shoes look in that construction. They are very durable yet sleek. I'm usually not a fan of blake but I have to say that they came out nicely. This is the Hidro Loden suede on a chisel toe that is different from the normal lasts you guys see through SoleGarb and Skoaktiebolaget

Next was also a chukka but in Hidro Canapa on a modified version of the 74945 but to the specs of my custom last above. These were modified just a tad more and fit amazingly!!! these were hand welted on the single leather sole.

I hope you guys enjoyed and see that they make a great variety of lasts and are very accommodating to work with whatever you need besides just the cool leathers that we see posted here on SF.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt