• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
we got those dayton shirts in at work in the dark blue linen / cotton, the chambray, and the blue striped seersucker (or cordlane?) which flying lotus is sporting. they're neat; the cotton/linen fabric is particularly nice.

if someone has questions on them or is looking for a size in any of the blues there, I got you covered.

JO3B

Reaction score
i got the back pocket of my angler shirt pulled out by a door knob while i was walking in a rush. tried my hand at a sashiko style patch using a samurai texas cotton patch.

i'm not sure i'm in love with it but at least i can look forward to its wearing in well.

astris

Reaction score

i got the back pocket of my angler shirt pulled out by a door knob while i was walking in a rush. tried my hand at a sashiko style patch using a samurai texas cotton patch.
i'm not sure i'm in love with it but at least i can look forward to its wearing in well.
Ha, same thing almost happened to me. Luckily I was walking slowly so there was no damage.

More stock up at Inventory including the camo Brookline,

Last edited:

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

we got those dayton shirts in at work in the dark blue linen / cotton, the chambray, and the blue striped seersucker (or cordlane?) which flying lotus is sporting. they're neat; the cotton/linen fabric is particularly nice.
if someone has questions on them or is looking for a size in any of the blues there, I got you covered.

Where do you work?

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who state-side is stocking the Fatigue shorts in Olive Sateen?

Inventory Stockroom just posted them at $200 plus $20 shipping.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen them in the US yet....I want the olive sateen ones but just don't think I can drop $220 for shorts. Seems ok for pants for some reason, but I just don't wear shorts that often. I have two pair of EG shorts but both I've scored second-hand for under $50. The look really nice though.....

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah man.
I have the Navy and Khaki Fatigue shorts from last year.

The olive ones are real nice but I can't justify $220 for shorts either. I feel you on the pants tho...ha

I wonder if $200 is the actual retail or if they marked them up slightly. I always thought the shorts were $175.

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to get that coated parka?

JRS1979

Reaction score
Can someone with a SS12 Bedford post a few fit pics from the side and rear please? I've tried a couple of different sizes in this now and the flare at the rear of the jacket just throws the whole shape off for me.

It would have been my first Bedford and I'm really disappointed considering it is rated by so many people as an EG classic. Obviously having no rear vent gives a more relaxed fit, but having so much excess material just 'hanging out' at the back looks wrong to me and makes it look like a poorly cut/badly fitting jacket

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone with a SS12 Bedford post a few fit pics from the side and rear please? I've tried a couple of different sizes in this now and the flare at the rear of the jacket just throws the whole shape off for me.
It would have been my first Bedford and I'm really disappointed considering it is rated by so many people as an EG classic. Obviously having no rear vent gives a more relaxed fit, but having so much excess material just 'hanging out' at the back looks wrong to me and makes it look like a poorly cut/badly fitting jacket

This is how alot of EG tops fit.. I have had most my Bedford jackets tailored to remove the excess material in the back, but my newest one I just left it.. the Brookline has the same issue, but I've grown to like it.

efujobu

Reaction score
Hey guys..just a quick sizing question. I'm interested in buying this seasons Bedford..size up?
I usually wear a small in JCrew shirts for reference. Should I buy a medium?

I've bought a few pieces from SS08 from Gary a while back but ivelost substantial weight so I can't wear them. They were all large.

I'm probably going to put them up for sale..

I have a workshirt, a shawl collar cardigan, and a parka

Let me know if you're interested so I can post pics in the B & S.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys..just a quick sizing question. I'm interested in buying this seasons Bedford..size up?
I usually wear a small in JCrew shirts for reference. Should I buy a medium?

probably. but it depends. just go by the measurements man, it's the only sure way.

fwiw, I wear an xs in uniqlo and baron wells shirts and a small bedford (from past seasons) fits perfect. like perfect perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads