• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS12

about11oclock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nepenthes advising sizing up for spring jackets. Makes sense: SS designed for just a shirt underneath, thus smaller than FW which are designed to layer in.

efujobu

Reaction score

probably. but it depends. just go by the measurements man, it's the only sure way.
fwiw, I wear an xs in uniqlo and baron wells shirts and a small bedford (from past seasons) fits perfect. like perfect perfect.

Thanks!

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who state-side is stocking the Fatigue shorts in Olive Sateen?
Inventory Stockroom just posted them at $200 plus $20 shipping.

Just got these in the mail today from Stuart & Wright. Nepenthes provided me the state-side stores carrying them.

$176 shipped

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^nice. As good a price as I've seen on shorts this season and the olive sateen fatigues are by far my favorites.

Tororo

Reaction score
Speaking of shorts, did anyone have a chance to wear the Desert and/or Cambridge short yet? They seem a bit hard to wear, given they're cut so narrow and have an awkward length - going slightly over the knee. I like the fabric and pocket details but the cut and fit remind me of those awful 2/3 cargos that you see at The Gap.

Or maybe I'm mistaken and they're great?

Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

burningbright

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2e2b4952.jpg

Who's carrying this piece?

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those Context measurements are 110% wrong.

I guess their way of measuring is as weak as their SS12 buys.

There are so many good things from this season. It looks like they skimped.

runningfrog

Reaction score
i picked up the navy mini polka dot andover from context. sooo nice, love this piece and try to wear it whenever i can. the rest of their buy is kinda meh. they should have picked up the white/blue/pink tab collar floral. i got it from nepenthes ny and i think it's the best colorway of the ss12 florals.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads