• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS11

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone handled any of the jackets in the new poly coated linen fabric? I'm curious as to what it's like and how practical it is.

King Leer

Reaction score
Loving some of these floral designs but I just don't know how practical they are

Gonna have to pop into Nepenthes sometime soon and see for myself

FlyingLotus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if they made a matching vest/pant for this jacket ?

1980.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexonfabric
I bought the field vest from the bureau today. It's a really nice fabric. What do you mean by practical?
Breathability, water resistance, etc.

triton

Reaction score
anyone have much experience with getting the seams altered on a bedford? straight-forward job? have the right fit on shoulders/chest but not a fan of the way it flares out a bit at the waist. if i didn't like it so much i'd just return it - possibly still the best option.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anybody purchased the Cruiser shirt jacket? Thoughts? How easy would it be to shorten the sleeves?

Also does anybody have picks of this season's selection of scarves?

Drinkwaters

OG
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triton
anyone have much experience with getting the seams altered on a bedford? straight-forward job? have the right fit on shoulders/chest but not a fan of the way it flares out a bit at the waist. if i didn't like it so much i'd just return it - possibly still the best option.

The Bedford can be altered as you've suggested you want to perform. Just make sure your tailor trims and finishes the edges of the seams that he takes in.
As for sleeves on EG jackets, some are straight forward and others can be tricky. I believe, to the best of my memory, the Cruiser has button thru cuff. If this is the case, the cuff would need to be either cut off above the top seam and then reattached or if in the case it is a sewn on cuff, it would need to be detached, sleeve cut to desired length and then attached. In either case, a skilled tailor should perform this.

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have been in contact with Daiki and ironically he arrived in Japan the day after the earthquake. He is fine and so is his family and friends but he is devastated by what he is experiencing.
Please give him a shout out in support. I believe he checks in here from time to time or you can do so by connecting through my facebook page. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all our Japanese friends.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffee_and_vodka