• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments SS 16

grizzlygiant

Reaction score
This obviously isn't the right thread but I have not seen a generic EG thread so I'm going to try asking here. I need help identifying this jacket before I sell it. I purchased it a year or two ago and have had it hanging in my closet since but don't know what the jacket is. Any help is appreciated.

nickp

Reaction score

This obviously isn't the right thread but I have not seen a generic EG thread so I'm going to try asking here. I need help identifying this jacket before I sell it. I purchased it a year or two ago and have had it hanging in my closet since but don't know what the jacket is. Any help is appreciated.
FW13 Cruiser Jacket

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about my first pair of Ghurka shorts and just wanted to be sure on sizing. The Bureau says a M is a 34" waist. So if say you're a 34 in J Crew shorts you'd be a M in the Ghurka short? Can someone who say has or has had J Crew shorts comment?

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, I'm bummed. Just got a pair of the fatigue shorts in khaki cord which I've been looking all over for and the medium is insanely big! I shouldn't have slept on the size small when they were around and I now have a second pair coming in a diff fabric in the same size Medium (doh!). Buying EG online is a crap shoot sometimes and the measurements online are all over the place.

Here's to hoping the fatigue pants don't fit the same and are smaller.

NXNW

Reaction score
Sorry, man. I'd be pretty peeved too. I recommend emailing/calling before. I traded a few emails with Independence Chicago and they confirmed the measurements but also had great fit advise. Ended up snagging their cord fatigue shorts in S.

Last edited:

winston86dit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, man. I'd be pretty peeved too. I recommend emailing/calling before. I traded a few emails with Independence Chicago and they confirmed the measurements but also had great fit advise. Ended up snagging their cord fatigue shorts in S. 

Yea, totally agree with you, I should have contacted them first. But it's all good, it's not really anyone's fault, just part of the online shopping game I guess. I just wish EG didn't make it so hard. The funny thing is that it looks like each version of the fatigue shorts fit differently depending on the fabric. I guess I'll see when my chambray ones come in.

On the other hand, I ordered the loiter, bedford, and a few shirts all in Medium and they all fit pretty much spot on!

flumestory

Reaction score
Hi,

It's getting rainy here and I was wondering which EG jackets could withstand even light rain?

Ideally would be looking for a parka style but what EG do you wear in light/moderate rain, if any?

My Monitaly SS parka is great but even light rain now just goes through it so that's only for clear days.

Many thanks.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can't recall an EG jacket that is biiled as water proof or water resistant. None has taped seams or is made with gore-Tex the way some Nanamica jackets are.

But in light rain with an umbrella, any of the parkas should be fine like the m51 parka or field parka. Also the waxed cotton EG jackets (like the field parka) which typical appear in the Fall should work in wet weather.

Last edited:

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
Nothing is ever totally water proof. Even Goretex has a saturation point in heavy rain where the material is soaked and lose's its ability to repell moisture.
Having worked in retail for years. I hate telling customers a jacket is water proof. I always use the term water resistant.
Its raining here in Sydney and I've been rocking the FW15 Light Parka to great results. I love the fact the bottom unbuttons to protect your thighs and upper legs.
The Nylon Taffata construction has repelled water pretty decently. It dosn't really breathe as much as pertex or goretex though.
I've got the SS15 Light Parka as well. Its a lighter fabric and more shower resistant. Its not something that would handle heavy rain very well.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding EG shorts that are S/M/L sized, they seem to fit really large. I have 2 pairs of recent fatigue shorts and they're both smalls; normally I'm a 32/33 M in everything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics