• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

santaclara

Reaction score
I thought about putting that up too but could not justify recommending a $510 "Lt Parka".

pe3brain

Reaction score

I thought about putting that up too but could not justify recommending a $510 "Lt Parka".

Thanks for the recommendations that Parka is cool, but it does not rain enough where I live to justify that much money. I'll look at the other brands mentioned though!

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went to Jack Straw today. . Great buy this season. I want everything they bought... But got the cable knit leisure jacket. Soooooo warm and fuzzy. Fitting for my username I guess.

We need to have a Seattle EG meetup because I'm sick of not knowing anyone IRL that wears this.

Sounds awesome. Wish they would post the items on the website already. How did you size the Cable Knit Jacket compared to your typical EG jacket size or size in tops? Did you size up?

dixonmanor

Reaction score
Received the the S/S Smock in Brown Wool Flannel (same fabric as the Baker) from Nepenthes a few days ago. Really great. It's basically the same cut/style as a calssic Breton-style fisherman's smock, with short sleeves and in wool instead of the more typical canvas. Fit is oversized, wide boat neck. The Brown Wool Flannel is really beautiful in person.

benjaminroy

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the multi-colored block herringbone jacket in terms of versatility? At first I thought it might be a bit of a one-trick pony, but the more I look at it the more I dig the uniqueness and the colors. I don't think any 2 of them are identical either in how the colors are cut. It definitely goes with my style in terms of the boldness and most stuff I own is along those colors anyway.

agvs

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the multi-colored block herringbone jacket in terms of versatility? At first I thought it might be a bit of a one-trick pony, but the more I look at it the more I dig the uniqueness and the colors. I don't think any 2 of them are identical either in how the colors are cut. It definitely goes with my style in terms of the boldness and most stuff I own is along those colors anyway.

Versatility doesn't really come to mind with this but it is a sick piece. It's probably going to be the boldest thing in any outfit you pair it with.

rusticchasm

Reaction score

i love it. it didn't make my up front purchase list. if it's still kicking around in my size around sale season, i'll def be looking for it

nsltrls

Reaction score
That's a great piece and a seasonal stand out for sure. You'll probably be able to wear it with more than you'd think.

CSCoHammers7

Reaction score
We received a pretty awesome piece today (Just some old pics taken way back in the showroom for now)

F5A10153 / Banded Long Collar Shirt in Dk. Navy Crest Print S > XL $255

We've been very busy around here switching everything over to FW and receiving a ton of new product daily, so these slipped through the cracks from last week. Sorry about that...

F5A0110 / 19th Century B.S. Shirt in Grey Brushed Glen Plaid XS > XL $240

F5D06102 / Bedford Jacket in Navy Uniform Serge XS > XL $530
[No photo]

We're just waiting on the Dexter Jacket and our FW15 buy will be complete. We'll repost our whole buy then with clear, current pictures so everyone can get a much better look at the articles we're stocking from this stellar season.

Call (617) 547-2067, PM @Drinkwaters or myself on here, or e-mail either of us at [email protected] and/or [email protected].

Looking forward to assisting you all!

Steven

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
What's the weight like on the Outback Canvas Fatigues compared to the SS15 Khaki/Navy twill ones?

SirMeowly

Reaction score
@tonio028 fits on the small side, but not too much. Definitely shorter. @eluther wrote a really good description of the sizing in the show us how you roll in EG thread. I'm between a small and a medium in EG (6'0, 140 - usually a medium, every once in a while a small in the roomier pieces), took a medium in this.

@benjaminroy Get it! I've really wanted that, but other pieces take the priority for me this season. Wallet only has so much money in it *sigh*

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads