• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

agvs

Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of their EG button shawl laid out? Been considering making a shawl out of some heavy felted wool for a while now and I'm curious what the shape of the EG one is

Also, any updates so far on the best place in the US to get FW15? I'm particularly interested in a place that carries the many pants options

I don't know that there is a best place for FW15. Look at all the usual suspects - Nepenthes, Drinkwaters, Mohawk General, Forward, BlackBlue, Indigo&Cotton, Portland Dry Goods, Federal Store, The Classroom, Context and probably a bunch others I'm forgetting

habitant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fwiw I think it's a common misconception to size down on workaday.

lifeinabox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any more pics of the tweed, when you get a chance? por favor?
Finally got around to taking some pics. I'll eventually take some fit pics once it gets below 80 around here, lol.

The tweed is cut fuller and with the substantial fabric could work as an overcoat.

I also took some pics next to the homespun from last year. As someone else mentioned, this year's brown herringbone reads like the homespun from a distance.

Jorme

Reaction score
Anyone know if there will be an EG Chesterfield Coat this season...or other long/heavy outerwear?
Thanks

eluther

Reaction score

SirMeowly

Reaction score
Went to Jack Straw today. . Great buy this season. I want everything they bought... But got the cable knit leisure jacket. Soooooo warm and fuzzy. Fitting for my username I guess.

We need to have a Seattle EG meetup because I'm sick of not knowing anyone IRL that wears this.

NXNW

Reaction score
Went to Jack Straw today. . Great buy this season. I want everything they bought... But got the cable knit leisure jacket. Soooooo warm and fuzzy. Fitting for my username I guess.

We need to have a Seattle EG meetup because I'm sick of not knowing anyone IRL that wears this.
Yooo fam, count me in.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Schedule it during the week between X-mas and New Years. I'll be out there with my family.

Got very lucky when I called Nepenthes today. They had a tweed Bedford in XXL. Though I must say, it was expensive as hell ($600). If I'm happy enough with it I think I'll sell my gray Homespun Bedford from F/W '13.

eluther

Reaction score

I'm game. Doing a weekend lunch would be ideal for me, but we can iron something out via PM. I think there's another one or two of us in the thread.

blue peter

Reaction score
Will be in the emerald week before Christmas to visit friends/fam - and to check out jack straw!

alex99

Reaction score

Anyone seen the motor jacket this season?

Does anyone know whatever happened to this jacket? Has it appeared anywhere online?

NXNW

Reaction score
Does anyone know whatever happened to this jacket? Has it appeared anywhere online?
Wondering this too, been looking for that one.

As for a Seattle meetup, I can make almost anything work. If it's a weekend though just please not during a Dawgs or Hawks game.

@blue peter don't miss Totokaelo and maybe Blue Owl. No EG but still amazing.

El QUaG

Reaction score

Does EG offer any rain jackets? I need a new one

My pick for the season is the LT Parka in Navy Polka Dot Taffeta, which is a tightly woven nylon fabric. Water repellent, wind proof and with an adjustable/convertible length.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads