• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Engineered Garments FW 11

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got that picture from bureaus blog, the L baker can possibly work but I'll need a 32 in pants. Hmm... anyone know how the pants fit? I only have experience with wwm knickers and they were tts.

^^I'll give them a call tomorrow. Looking through all the stockist it seems like bureau is the only one carrying the pants.

Last edited:

dial_aleph

Reaction score
i just put in an order for the grey wool desert pants at Steven Alan. my experience runs mostly with their jackets (got the engineer's jacket and bedford -- different seasons, though) and a vest. ran searches for desert pants on SF but not much info for this season. what are your experiences with Daiki's desert pants for f/w '11? tts or a little more forgiving?

any responses greatly appreciated. did the footwork and checked measurements against the Bureau's because Steven Alan has, like, nothing but Bureau's selections are different materials.

thanks!

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last season's cotton desert pants were TTS, or maybe even size up one. (I wanted the reversed olive sateen and couldnt make 32w work, even though a 32 in painter pants/fatigues is a bit loose. 33s were sold out) The top block was kinda skimpy for me. YMMV, of course. Wool may be a bit looser, too.

JOA

Reaction score

Took delivery of the North Wood jacket yesterday. Love it except for the outer Gabardine fabric. A bit shiny for my taste but I picked the tan color so it's not as prevalent.

Selling this. PM for more information.

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks Peter.
too bad for me then. i'm dead on a 31, so these are most likely going to end up in BS.
ARGH.

Well, definitely try them first. I've found that EG wool pants/shirts are a little looser. If the olive sateen desert pants reappear next season I'm going to jump on a 33 early or give the 32s another shot -- it's a great look.

ahtlast

Reaction score
hi there, discovered engineered garments only recently, through tres bien shop and was really impressed with the quite subversive wearability of the stuff. all classic but with small twists.

anyway, I'm sort of desparately looking for the down body vest, any colour would really do, but would prefer olive or khaki, or maybe black. anyone want to get rid of one? or has any info on who still has it in stock? aside from japanese stores, i've been out of luck, all sold out.

Last edited:

dial_aleph

Reaction score
ahtlast,

down hoody in khaki with hood:

Steven Alan has an XL at their webstore, on sale.

Context Clothing has a L and XL, not on sale.

are those the down vests you're after?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52