• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

END Clothing - My worst online experience ever!

Fiddler

Reaction score
I am sorry to say that END Clothing have proved themselves to be a thoroughly incompetent and dishonest online retailer in my recent experience.

In June, I bought a pair of ETQ sneakers in size 42 (UK8) from them, shipping was free. (Price S$205)

They sent me a size 43 (UK9). The box it came in was so minimalist, there was no size label
prominently displayed. The shoes were loose and I was bummed, but I thought maybe they run large
like Buttero Tanino sneakers, so I put it down as my fault for not being more thorough.
At the time, it did not occur to me that they could have sent me the wrong size, so I wore the shoes
for a few hours....later when i was putting them on the shoe rack, I lifted them by
the tongue and that's when I saw the size was wrong.

Contacted END and dealt with a woman who calls herself Elisa Marchetti. She admitted the error and asked me to return the shoes. She said they accept the shoes in the condition they were in, and would refund me the cost of return shipping in full, and send me the right size. Fair enough.

I sent the shoes back and got a refund for the postage. (S$51.80)

Then she sends me an email where she says:

"I have also personally collected the new pair of EQT from our warehouse and carefully inspected the shoes in the box, and can confirm they are a UK8 corresponding to EU42."

When the shoes arrive the size is correct, but they are scuffed, marked and definitely cannot be considered as
new. If she inspected them personally, why did they arrive like this?

RIMG0872 copy.JPG
RIMG0879.JPG
RIMG0875.JPG
RIMG0874.JPG

This is how Elisa at END Clothing defends the pictures above:

"The pair that was sent to you was brand new and was delivered to us by ETQ. no more than two months ago. I can also confirm that I was the first person to open this shoe box, as I wanted to be sure it contained a size UK8. I understand you are upset with the little scuffs and imperfections and I believe that some of them are probably due to the movement during transit and some of them are due to the manufacturing process."

I don't see how these markings and defects could be caused by movement during transit as the shoes
arrived very well packaged:

RIMG0867.JPG

I refused to accept the shoes in the above state and was told that I would have to ship them back at my expense,
and there would be no replacement sent. Elisa also promised that once I returned the goods for the second time, I would be refunded the cost of shipping them back plus the original cost of the goods.

As of yesterday, I only received a partial refund of S$153.20....I am still owed a significant chunk of money – S$167.80. All they have effectively done is refund me the actual cost of the shoes so far, but not the shipping
fees I paid to ship the goods back to them two times. Absolutely disgraceful, despicable behaviour!

The strange part is, I don't know why they would be so openly dishonest, since I have emails from
them to back up every thing I've recounted above.

This includes an email where I am expressly told that they will refund me the full cost of the goods (S$205) and return shipping (for both returns, which adds up to S$167.80).

I would urge everyone to be careful while shopping with END, and if you must, at least use Paypal as they
are a lot faster, more clearcut and effective at resolving disputes like this.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My story about End ...

I bought a few things from End over the years
I moved house in 2012.
Since 2012 I bought a few more things from End

No problems so far.

Then around 2016 I ordered about $200 worth of gear from them. Somehow they managed to over ride my (new) default addresses in both their system and PayPal, and sent it to my old address.

The fella who bought my old house contacted me and told me he’d received the stuff and had contacted End and been told to leave the package on the porch to be picked up by a FedEx driver (the property is gated and the porch is secluded so not visible from the street) who would forward the package to me.

Package never came.

Contacted End, they said they had delivered the package (to my old address) so they’d fulfilled their obligation.

Contacted Fedex, who had no record of anything beyond the original delivery to my old address.

Started a complaint tribunal through PayPal and lost.

Next time I’m in England I fully intend to shoplift $200 worth of gear from them.

Fiddler

Reaction score
You may want to start a club....

Apparently mine is not an isolated case....there is also one involving the moderator of this forum @LA Guy

https://www.styleforum.net/threads/poor-customer-service-griping-thread.385378/#post-7041538

Anyway, I just received an email update from Ms. Elisa Marchetti at END. She says:

"I can confirm that your parcel has been successfully received by our Returns Team.
We still owe you a total amount of S$167.80, which will be credited to your credit card account shortly.
In order to proceed with this refund, the dispute currently open with your bank provider will need to be closed. If you could please let us know once the dispute has been closed, the remaining amount (S$167.80) will be fully refunded to the original payment method."

I find this a strange request....surely they are aware that a dispute, once closed, cannot be re-opened. Who could trust the word of a company that has sent them the wrong goods not once, but twice?

puddin

Reaction score
If you wore the shoes and they let you return them, that's pretty nice customer service regardless of any mistake on their part. If you received shoes that were also briefly worn, that's not ideal, but sort of appropriate, no? After that, it sounds like they kinda screwed up.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you shop from a shop that offers easy returns, then by definition you should be willing to accept that you may receive an item that could have been tried on and returned.

I’m not trying to diminish the particular communication issues, wrong size shipped etc... all valid issues to be upset about.

But when it comes to the condition of shoes that may have a couple of scuffs from having been tried on, I think that we, as customers, should be understanding of the reciprocity of policies that we enjoy from stores - it is most logical and fair, when enjoying generous return policies to expect that someone will actually receive the item you returned. And sometimes we may be that someone.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you bought these shoes to wear them, you are going to scuff up the sole as soon as you step out the door.

From what little I can tell, these blemishes that so upset you are not only minor, they are on the bottom of the damn shoes.

$300 ETQ sneakers aren't worth "collecting" or preserving in mint condition in air-tight boxes. Frankly, neither are $1000+ sneakers by Louis Vuitton, but your reaction would have been be a little more understandable at that price range.

They refunded your shipping and sent you a second pair of shoes in the right size (which seem to be in perfect condition from every perspective except underneath!), so I have no sympathy whatsoever for your whining.

Fiddler

Reaction score
If you shop from a shop that offers easy returns, then by definition you should be willing to accept that you may receive an item that could have been tried on and returned.

I’m not trying to diminish the particular communication issues, wrong size shipped etc... all valid issues to be upset about.

But when it comes to the condition of shoes that may have a couple of scuffs from having been tried on, I think that we, as customers, should be understanding of the reciprocity of policies that we enjoy from stores - it is most logical and fair, when enjoying generous return policies to expect that someone will actually receive the item you returned. And sometimes we may be that someone.

I don't agree with what you're saying. I paid for a spanking new pair of shoes and as far as I'm concerned, they better come to me that way, or I am going
to exercise my rights as a customer. I wouldn't call their return policy easy....it's not like mr porter where you just call DHL and hand them the goods to cart off.
I had to go to the post office during my lunch hour and queue up for almost an hour and a half....twice....to accommodate these clowns.

If you bought these shoes to wear them, you are going to scuff up the sole as soon as you step out the door.

From what little I can tell, these blemishes that so upset you are not only minor, they are on the bottom of the damn shoes.

$300 ETQ sneakers aren't worth "collecting" or preserving in mint condition in air-tight boxes. Frankly, neither are $1000+ sneakers by Louis Vuitton, but your reaction would have been be a little more understandable at that price range.

They refunded your shipping and sent you a second pair of shoes in the right size (which seem to be in perfect condition from every perspective except underneath!), so I have no sympathy whatsoever for your whining.

After reading your piece, I realise that this is nothing but your opinion which you are entitled to. I certainly don't classify those blemishes as minor.
If I wanted ETQ sneakers that are blemished or worn, I would shop on Grailed. You need to examine the language you employ in your postings as
you're a pretty rude person and hardly worthy of the title 'distinguished member'....although a member, most certainly!

Maxwellll

Reaction score
The size issue is annoying, the blemished second pair is pushing their luck but END have accepted both returns with full refund and even covered a refund on an extortionate amount of shipping costs almost the value of the item itself. Id say thats pretty good customer service tbh.

Fiddler

Reaction score
...END have accepted both returns with full refund and even covered a refund on an extortionate amount of shipping costs almost the value of the item itself.

Just to correct you, they have accepted full liability for the refund, but haven't issued the full refund yet....their total refund covers only the cost of the shoes so far....not the costs I incurred on posting the shoes back to them at my expense... twice.

In order to do that, their condition is that I must close the dispute Ive opened with my card issuer....once I do that there is no way I can re-open it, so I would be screwed if they decided to go back on their word...their word, unfortunately, has zero value in my eyes after how they have conducted themselves.

Their customer rep has lied to me before saying that she personally inspected the second pair before sending them to me. Which means she wilfully sent me a soiled and defective pair. Such behaviour can be tolerated once, but not suffered ever again.

For anyone who thinks this thread is about me whining, let me just say it's more of a heads up to watch out for these guys...they're slippery.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thejazzcat