• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a weak, weak man... They are beauties though, can't wait to wear them. I gave them a quick basic polish just now and they're ready to go.
IMG_1256.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

But I'm sure something strange has been going on with the lasting on EGs lately. These 303E certainly fit tighter than my 202D Cranleighs. Happens to suit me just fine this time as I could snag these directly off the shelf but there's definitely been a change. Maybe it's just the smaller sizes.

Denar78

Reaction score
I'm a weak, weak man... They are beauties though, can't wait to wear them. I gave them a quick basic polish just now and they're ready to go.
View attachment 2127203
View attachment 2127205

But I'm sure something strange has been going on with the lasting on EGs lately. These 303E certainly fit tighter than my 202D Cranleighs. Happens to suit me just fine this time as I could snag these directly off the shelf but there's definitely been a change. Maybe it's just the smaller sizes.
After a couple of wears, they should fit better. I also felt last time that my new EGs were tighter than usual but during the course of the first day of wearing them, that feeling gradually disappeared

shoefan57

Reaction score
View attachment 2127203
View attachment 2127205

Maybe it’s something about handstiched boots as my Cranleighs fit bigger than any of my other EG boots.
Handsome boots by the way

Denar78

Reaction score
Dear E.G. lovers,
I am a loyal Crockett & Jones loyal customer but with their recent price increase, I am consequently reconsidering my pledge to the brand and I am now eyeing Edward Green.
I have a large enough collection of shoes but I am 'missing' a black loafer. I really like their Piccadilly, especially when considering that the grain should provide more suppleness.
I have a few questions:
- for those who own both C&J bench grade and hand grade, did you notice a notable difference in comfort and quality of leather?
- for the owners of the shoe I covet, is the vamp low?
Personal opinion: I’m not a big fan of their 184 last which I find overly almondy. That being said, I’m a 7E and this last is maybe better adapted to larger sizes. For a black loafer, you have a good number of alternatives, Weston 180, John Lobb Lopez to name a few.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personal opinion: I’m not a big fan of their 184 last which I find overly almondy. That being said, I’m a 7E and this last is maybe better adapted to larger sizes. For a black loafer, you have a good number of alternatives, Weston 180, John Lobb Lopez to name a few.

The Lopez, Weston 180, in that order, is what I'd buy in a black loafer.

WS19

Reaction score
View attachment 2127203
View attachment 2127205

Beautiful. I would have cracked too.

Jayb1960

Reaction score
View attachment 2127203
View attachment 2127205

Is the leather dark frown London grain ? I have that leather on my 606 Dovers Very supple

KarlHungus

Reaction score
Scored these on the 'Bay for a (relative) song, and waiting to take delivery. Possibly my ideal specs -- rosewood CC, 82 last, dainite. Only minor quibble is these are D width rather than E but for the price I had to take the plunge. From pics of the sole and heel, look to have less than 10 wears on them.
Screenshot_2024-02-09-17-26-35-50_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

shoefan57

Reaction score
Scored these on the 'Bay for a (relative) song, and waiting to take delivery. Possibly my ideal specs -- rosewood CC, 82 last, dainite. Only minor quibble is these are D width rather than E but for the price I had to take the plunge. From pics of the sole and heel, look to have less than 10 wears on them.
View attachment 2128619
If too narrow you could have them eased by a reputable cobbler.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene