• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you're off to a good week.

Just wanted to share my first EGs, which I bought from another member of the forum. They're on the 888 last, and were made for Brooks Brothers.

Great leather and the last fits me well. I was a bit concerned given my high instep and that it would be too narrow, but they're actually quite comfortable and do not have any gaps or fit too tightly.

Based on what I've read, given where I'm at with the 888, I think the 202 last will be probably a bit wide for me.

I'm adding a few picutures below. Thanks!
Solid week for you being able to snag some EG's and GG's!

CWL317

Reaction score
I have owned various wingtip/brogued E.G.'s, a pair of Inverness, Harrogate's and Asquith on the 888 and a pair of Malvern's on the 202. The 202 Malvern is my current favourite E.G. wingtip by far. I have a pair in black on the 202 and I am very fond of them.
The only other E.G. wingtips that I am considering adding to my collection is a pair of Falkirk's on the 202, probably in burnt pine and on the B1 sole.

Here is something that comes close to what I have in mind, a 202 Falkirk in Hazel on HA/F soles.
Thanks for sharing. The broguing on the side is an exquisite detail :inlove:

saurabh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope you're off to a good week.

Just wanted to share my first EGs, which I bought from another member of the forum. They're on the 888 last, and were made for Brooks Brothers.

Great leather and the last fits me well. I was a bit concerned given my high instep and that it would be too narrow, but they're actually quite comfortable and do not have any gaps or fit too tightly.

Based on what I've read, given where I'm at with the 888, I think the 202 last will be probably a bit wide for me.

I'm adding a few picutures below. Thanks!

Congrats and these are amazing on the 888 last. I have two pairs on the 888 last (from Brook Brothers) and love them.
48D88F18-24C4-4CBF-A231-F131489D8D71.jpeg

5DD19CC9-B261-4CBC-818A-FBDBA98FFBD7.jpeg

Ken1036

Reaction score

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want these. These look amazing.

On a side note, I just saw a YouTube video about taking care of high end shoes and the guy said it's important to keep your shoes in shoe boxes or in a cabinet because "dust dries out leather". How does it dry it out? Does the dust absorb the water and oils? I thought that curious
Thanks! No. Dust doesn't dry leather out. Leather dries out naturally if you leave it unattended for long enough. But, even then, a little bit of brushing and some Saphir Reno and you're back in business. Don't know why people put shoes in shoe bags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads