• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

michaelvl

Reaction score

Could someone help identify which Edward Greens these are? My contact at the Jermyn St store sent this to me

I'll have a crack.From left to right:
1. Troon 202 (looks pretty wide, might be an F-width)
2. ??
3. Westbourne 82 delapre
4. Lichfield 890
5. ??

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
2 appears to be Elmsley on 82.

andrewmrsid

Reaction score

Galway on 72, HAF sole, Mahogany pin grain the 72 last on the HAF sole ended up being more streamlined than on other galways I have on 72 and rubber soles. Not sure if the leather sole has something to do with it Tried to get the details on the leather the best I could with a cell phone pic
Those look great! Did you try them in the slush yesterday? Thank you!

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure I am sold on the 72 last for Galway's....toe looks a bit off to me

The toe is a bit bulbous on the 72, I like it on my Kentmere but on a Galway I think I would prefer the 202 for a casual makeup like grain or suede. 72 last is super comfortable though. Wearing my Kentmeres again but will refrain from yet another pic unless I can think of a creative one haha

Last edited:

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think EG changed burgundy utah to a new darker shade? Could explain the reason the Saks pair are on sale since it looks like old burgundy utah, same as on the GF Galway). Could pretty much keep the old color and just rename it rosewood utah imo.

Vs the new burgundy utah Dovers from GF and EG.com (I think MrV has a pair in the darker color too)

In theory, would it be possible to change to the darker burgundy by using shoe poilsh? I've never tried to darken a pair of shoes on purpose. Thanks.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you to @mr monty for giving us the heads up on these. I've been in touch with Tony from Saks. The pair that I was offered was a D202. They would have fit my US9C feet perfectly but I was too late to pull the trigger. To the lucky gent that got the 8.5/9, please let me know if you decide they are too narrow for you.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone supply the email addy for the Jermyn St store please? I found the following on EGs site, but it is bouncing:

[email protected]

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have phoned the Jermyn Store couple of hours ago, and they had nothing on sale in size 9.5 in E/F in both Oxford or Derby style, if that's of any help.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you to @mr monty
for giving us the heads up on these.  I've been in touch with Tony from Saks.  The pair that I was offered was a D202.  They would have fit my US9C feet perfectly but I was too late to pull the trigger.  To the lucky gent that got the 8.5/9, please let me know if you decide they are too narrow for you.

I've got the Newbury on the 890 in 8.5 UK, so took a chance with the 690 last in 8.5. I'll let you know if it doesn't work out.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dia Masoud