• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Axel's or Unipair have sales at certain times of the year? They both have my number 1 Galway makeup.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was looking at those Galways at BB.  If you're able to get the 30% off, you would be getting a pretty good deal.  Just about what I paid for mine from Skoak b4 the price increase (or rather price mandate for US customers).

Working on it & hopefully be able to get them. And thank you for your input.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Axel's or Unipair have sales at certain times of the year? They both have my number 1 Galway makeup.

I don't believe I've ever seen any sales at Axels, but keep in mind the only sell the EG D width as far as I know.

Unipair possible, but they don't sell shoes in my size, only smaller sizes.

Typically most EG sales are on a limited basis on things such as odd stock. No guarantees your size will be available. Typically Axels restocks the same versions of Galways so most of the time there never really is any odd stock.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the normal makeup should be E-width, correct?
@dddrees

Edward Green's UK E width is more comparable to an American D width shoe and Axels Edward Green's D widths are in fact Edward Green's UK D width which is a more narrow width shoe.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what you say is correct ddd. However my eg's are d width and fit well the differnce but not be that great between the two widths.

Chaconne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edward Green's UK E width is more comparable to an American D width shoe and Axels Edward Green's D widths are in fact Edward Green's UK D width which is a more narrow width shoe. 

Thanks again! My feet are pretty narrow but it's a big chance to take for that price. I have to check Axel's return policy out.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what you say is correct ddd. However my eg's are d width and fit well the differnce but not be that great between the two widths.
Good point, and I am sure they work rather well for some people or Axels would have eventually stopped selling them by now. But the D width is a more narrow size and the EG E is closer in width to an American D width. Besides there is more retailers who sell the Edward Green E width over the D width, so there has to be a good reason for this as well.

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed, axels seems to find a model they like and offer it in any material imaginable. They love the clove suede somethimg seldom posted here.

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have loved that 64 last Mahogany CC Clove Suede Shearling Galway that was posted on instagram some time back. Was so awesome.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So much win but the pricing is insane hahaha. Still my favourite brand.

One of the ugly Dover models that I'm after:

I wonder if the price includes customs? It seems on par with other retailers? What's insane about it? In dollars, a chelsea is a little less than 1200.

edit: actually, I was trying to enter my address to see what the VAT situation was, but it seems like the U.S. isn't an option...am I missing something?

Last edited:

urban

Reaction score
On their webstore (under International Shipping or something like that), they mentioned that this store does not serve US addresses.

I have emailed them to ask if they will deduct UK VAT for shipping overseas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics