• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dalevy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's really looking more and more like I ordered my Rosewood CC Galways just in time. I ordered last Thursday for $927 after the 10% discount at Westley Richards. The next day they would have been $1050 with the discount. And with the price increases going on everywhere I have to imagine that they'll soon be even more than that once they replenish their stock. Whew.

BTW got them and they're real beauts. Though I'm gonna be an iconoclast and do a normal lacing instead of the usual bar lacing on them. #firstworldanarchists
I think normal lacing looks better. Bar lacing looks better on closed laced oxfords where you can't see the laces criss crossing underneath.

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The hype in this instance is well deserved. When you handle the material it becomes clear that it is vast different than CC or any stamped grain leather

The thickness of the leather is much more robust.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store them in the box, and take them out occasionally to polish and take pictures ?

This is one of the biggest mysteries to me to be honest. Lots of hype for this leather (i am joining the hype myself), and I have never seen anyone showing them after their delivery.

Prob except for one chap taking them out for gardening.

My best guess is, It seems something nice and rare to have but not practical to wear.

Your best guess could not be more wrong

NewStart

Reaction score
@RogerP you have an amazing collection, but I don't recall you posting your Zug Galway. Do you not like wearing them?

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@RogerP you have an amazing collection, but I don't recall you posting your Zug Galway. Do you not like wearing them?

Love wearing them. But it hasn't been boot season for a while. They are absolutely my go-to boot for the sloppy stuff.

This is after several wearings - they only LOOK brand new. Zug is damned near indestructible.

orig.jpg

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Store them in the box, and take them out occasionally to polish and take pictures ?

This is one of the biggest mysteries to me to be honest. Lots of hype for this leather (i am joining the hype myself), and I have never seen anyone showing them after their delivery.

Prob except for one chap taking them out for gardening.

My best guess is, It seems something nice and rare to have but not practical to wear.

In actually these are probably one of the most practical boots to wear given the thick waxy nature of this leather. Your best guess was wrong, but so was your approach in my opinion. Now had you said underutilized by some you might be right for I at least could be wearing them in much rougher circumstances. But neither do I tend to hike, nor do I tend to go wading in water,. I also don't go out and play in the snow in them. But see I no longer play in the snow, so I'm not changing my lifestyle just because these boots would be capable of taking that kind of punishment.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So question for you gents what would you say is a good price for Galway on 82 last I was thinking to pick up doak with mocca suede on 82 last.
I haven't compared prices lately, but aren't prices with exceptions to sales pretty much the same everywhere now due to EGs new policies?

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I haven't compared prices lately, but aren't prices with exceptions to sales pretty much the same everywhere now due to EGs new policies?

Some one posted about Brook Brother sale they had EG for 30% off I am not really familiar with there pricing that well. It seems all Shannon's are sold out on my size or pick up the galaway with shoe tree. So wondering if this is a good price. For some reason BB is priced higher than leffot.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some one posted about Brook Brother sale they had EG for 30% off I am not really familiar with there pricing that well. It seems all Shannon's are sold out on my size or pick up the galaway with shoe tree. So wondering if this is a good price. For some reason BB is priced higher than leffot.

Yeah but with the 30% they should be a good deal, especially since they come with shoe trees. You need to apply for the corporate discount to get this however. Check the Brooks Bros thread for how to.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah but with the 30% they should be a good deal, especially since they come with shoe trees. You need to apply for the corporate discount to get this however. Check the Brooks Bros thread for how to.

I will look into that & hopefully will be able to pick my first Galway up on 82 last :D really wanted Shannon but for now this shall work thank you.

Last edited:

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will look into that & hopefully will be able to pick my first Galway up on 82 last
biggrin.gif
really wanted Shannon but for now this shall work thank you.

I was looking at those Galways at BB. If you're able to get the 30% off, you would be getting a pretty good deal. Just about what I paid for mine from Skoak b4 the price increase (or rather price mandate for US customers).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads