• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ nice

dont forget to wear them with the overalls

No, but I have this on: Go Niners!!!

Sorry to derail the thread. To get back, yes, S, I am totally down for a group order should the Niners get #6!

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, but I have this on: Go Niners!!!

Sorry to derail the thread. To get back, yes, S, I am totally down for a group order should the Niners get #6!

Damn digging the throwback, got my Gore one with the 2006 xx years patch on at the moment, solid game so far

Also stretching a pair of RRL black on blacks, waist is already too loose but thighs are still so tight

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum, I will be attending an eg trunk show in march, I'm looking to acquire a new pair of boots. I'm trying to decide between the galaway, Epsom, and Shannon. If possible could someone post a few pictures of boots side by side. Which is considered more of a formal dress boot the Epsom or the Shannon?

mrbrioni

Reaction score

Just took delivery of a pair of EG golf shoes. It was nice enough to play today (low 50's in the Northeast). Golf pants are not SF approved - ignore.

These are bad ass - definitely on my list to kop.

mrbrioni

Reaction score

Shearling Galways, starting to show some subtle colour variation in the walnut country calf. You can just about see the 'waterline' where the lower parts of the suede have been exposed to rain and snow:

001cyk.jpg

003lmy.jpg

These are gorgeous - anyone know anywhere I can get these without going the MTO route?

Thanks

CTBrummie

Reaction score

These are gorgeous - anyone know anywhere I can get these without going the MTO route?

Thanks

Give Jermyn Street a call as I think they're still in production and they should have some stock.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm new to the forum, I will be attending an eg trunk show in march, I'm looking to acquire a new pair of boots. I'm trying to decide between the galaway, Epsom, and Shannon. If possible could someone post a few pictures of boots side by side. Which is considered more of a formal dress boot the Epsom or the Shannon?

shannon.

archangle13

Reaction score
Last Question: What is the length and width difference between the 888 and 202 last?

I'm a TTS US 9D. I fit snugly on 8/8.5D for the 202. I heard the 888 is narrow as hell? I've no idea about length differences...

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Narrow as hell is a bit of an exagertion imo. I believe the main difference is that the 888/82 are a bit longer which makes them look more sleek. I need the same size in 202 as 888/82, for what its worth.

sdolina

Reaction score
I wear 202 in UK9,5D and 888 in UK9,5F (or E but it's snug). Length is same, good for me and I don't want to buy 888 in UK10

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was advised the 82 last is about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch longer than the 202 last. It may not be enough to size up or down but perhaps just enough to compromise that "perfect" fit. When I order my boots I will likely size down half a size from my 202 s.

cwh812

Reaction score

Last Question: What is the length and width difference between the 888 and 202 last?

I'm a TTS US 9D. I fit snugly on 8/8.5D for the 202. I heard the 888 is narrow as hell? I've no idea about length differences...

I take the same size in both, however, the 202 is slightly larger - not going to be noticeable for your average (non-SF wearer). If you are snug in the 202, the 888 might not fit.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to EG the 888, 82 & 202 are all basically the same save the toe shape. I have shoes in all three lasts and can tell you that they all pretty much fit the same fit-wise. Where the difference, IMHO, comes in is how the different toe shapes behave when walking. Since the 888 is more squared at the toe it will bend in a more uniform manner whereas the rounded toe shapes will react slightly differently, add to that the way you walk. This can be illustrated by the vamp creases on all three of my shoes (will not post a pic).

Also, remember that SFers may deem the 888 as more narrow because the most offered discounted pairs came via US retailers and were made in D widths. For instance, My 202 & 82 lasted shoes are 12/12.5E whereas my 888 lasted pairs are 12.5/13D. YMMV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads