• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fiddler

Reaction score
What do you want them to do? Send you a free pair of shoes? Oh, I know, Steven from Leffot should fly in, bring you breakfast, and pick them up at your house.
You're a bit late to the party. Were you having breakfast with Steven?

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Shearling Galways, starting to show some subtle colour variation in the walnut country calf. You can just about see the 'waterline' where the lower parts of the suede have been exposed to rain and snow:

001cyk.jpg

003lmy.jpg

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Shearling Galways, starting to show some subtle colour variation in the walnut country calf. You can just about see the 'waterline' where the lower parts of the suede have been exposed to rain and snow:

001cyk.jpg

003lmy.jpg

Beautiful boots, just wondering it may not be a bit too warm indoors. Hmmm! could be my fifth pair of Galway's

thebeebs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, but the Chelsea is in the damn 82 last.

Anyway, not that anyone cares but I wanted to further report on my settlement with Leffot regarding the previous situation I had with them, which has been well documented a few pages ago.

I agreed to keep the 82 Last shoes they sent me wrongly and they, in return, refunded me US$150.

Leffot was very pro-active in admitting responsibility for the mistake made and also in making the offer of a refund. I did not ask for one at first, out of principle, as I did not want to create the impression that I was trying to squeeze them for a discount.

But I am now satisfied with the outcome and the matter is closed.

Cheers.

You are indeed correct in that no one cares. Go find another hobby and leave us alone.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dsmitvr is one awesome crazy mother
Heh, I find it interesting 'crazy' was the term used considering my username. :) I need more Reno!
Midnight colour is lovely...any chance of a pic w/o flash?
Here is a pic without the flash but the lighting is bad and they are actually darker IRL; this is the best I can do for now (backdrop is black):
8374016586_ac3bcdc4ee.jpg
Anticlimactic but here are follow-up pics after a coat of Reno and a light coat of neutral wax:
8372942699_b66e110c35_c.jpg
8372943401_63e89a9674_c.jpg
Any tips of what brand and color others use for cloud, midnight, and twilight? I was just going to mix colors to get the appropriate shades.

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reminding me G, totally forgot about Tarrago!

Next Shannon: red and gold (AKA burgundy and maple) if the Niners will the superbowl. Go Niners! Sorry, getting ready for tonight's game against the cheese. :slayer:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for reminding me G, totally forgot about Tarrago!

Next Shannon: red and gold (AKA burgundy and maple) if the Niners will the superbowl. Go Niners! Sorry, getting ready for tonight's game against the cheese. :slayer:

I'm down for this, we can get skoak to do it if it happens

Also two new pairs today from LSBH (lot's of models on sale)

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As you eluded to, they look so familiar just far more refined than anything you typically encounter with a wingtip boot.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here is another pic l took for my ex shoe maker last week: It's a really nice boot to wear, the only problem is that the laces have almost worn through after their third wear. Lots of laces will be needed for this boot if l can't fix the problem, these boots just tear them apart.
Thanks. I have a pair of Grenson Masterpiece that look very similar to this. Lovely shoes; I wore mine today.

Last edited:

cwh812

Reaction score
Just took delivery of a pair of EG golf shoes. It was nice enough to play today (low 50's in the Northeast). Golf pants are not SF approved - ignore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads