1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Harrydog, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Ilovelobbs

Ilovelobbs Senior member

Your EG first pair? That's Beautiful - wear with pride....and it's probably the best ever shoe EG have come out with.
    Mine on the 82 Last in Oak Dark Brown??

Those upper stitches on the dover using a pig bristle takes a very skilled Northampton craftsman
    over 2-3 hours to stitch one pair. You're getting a lot of bang for your bucks.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  2. bespoken pa

bespoken pa Senior member

These are why the trunk show can't get here fast enough, I'm in a rush to hurry up and wait!

3. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

No hate, appreciate the feedback; wasn't actually planning on wearing them (was planning on my Alden) but kinda had a blue theme going so switched to these last minute. :) REBEL! I also walked out with a mismatched belt!

Impulse control!

4. shoesnlife

shoesnlife Member

We are based in Seoul, South Korea. We deduct 10% Korean VAT from all listed prices. If there is a particular model you are interested in we will try our best to make it work for you. We are also offering free international shipping at this time. Pictures will be coming soon! We appreciate all feedback from Styleforum members. www.unipair.com

5. FidelCashflow

FidelCashflow Senior member

Saw some on sale for about $600 CDN @ O'Connors in Calgary 2 weeks ago - no dovers though, so I didn't bite.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  6. jkater1

jkater1 Senior member

That's what I've seen for pricing in the States and after emailing them direct it wasn't much of a difference.

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

My response was due to the comment about the price being outrageous. Unipair is in line with most vendors.

I typically try and order from overseas or catch deals on fleabay.

8. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

I must say that SKAB have the most reasonably priced EG shoes that I have come across outside the UK. A business run with good taste, great service and integrity....an invaluable combo.

9. Leaves

Leaves Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for the feedback, that is very kind of you!

The reason we can offer EG at such a good price for residents outside the EU, is that we deduct Swedish VAT which is very high, actually amongst the highest in the world (we deduct 20% from all orders outside the EU).

10. Burton

Burton Senior member

I second Fiddler's comments. I have had a fantastic experience ordering from SKAB. My tassels are excellent and the process was perfectly smooth.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  11. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Back to work: Frome III [​IMG]

12. Alex McDonald

Alex McDonald Member

Just bought my first pair of 'real' shoes (I normally buy Aquilla/Florsheim). EG Galway boot on the 202 last. Excellent purchase and I think I will be buying 1-2 more pairs of EGs before I go back to Australia.

Probably get a pair of loafers and black oxfords. I am a big fan of going to the EG store and purchasing the factory 2nds (up to 50% off RRP).

13. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

14. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Senior member

by the way, does your store carry the EG Beaulieu in dark oak?

15. Fiddler

Fiddler Senior member

Some great EGs there.

16. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was in the store (Khaki's of Carmel) a couple of weeks ago and these had just arrived. I loved them both and yet both are a bit outside what I have ever worn before. It inspires me to try something new. They are both simply beautiful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. chogall

chogall Senior member

+1

18. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Well done! Buying EGs is certainly a massive step up from Aquila and Florsheim (which are, of course, hideously overpriced in Australia).

19. unipair guy

unipair guy Senior member

Here are some of the models we have in stock. If you have any questions we will be happy to answer them![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  20. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

x post from Skoak thread.

We are doing a MTO for the Galways in Dark Oak/Mink Suede on the 82 last with dainite soles. Price would be approx $1050. Anyone else interested?