• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Please do not comment on "distinguished_gentleman's" [sic] auctions. He continues to threaten me because people from here are messing with his auctions. Any comment to the effect of harassment toward him will be deleted and the poster will face temporary ban.

Thanks, The Management

mtf

Reaction score
Awesome peak lapel jacket. I thought about putting a snipe in on it but I already have one just like it from brioni in a very similar color.

2da0_1_b.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1248&rd=1&rd=1

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never worn a double-breasted suit, because I believed that they wouldn't flatter my body. I'm about 5'6" and 160 lbds. Kinda short and stocky. However, I seemed to be intrigued by this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...4540&rd=1&rd=1

The price is pretty cheap for now, and blue label has generally fit me pretty well. Any thoughts?

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ms244
Is this an actual size 40 coat? I need something to wear with a 38R suit and the shoulders seem fine but the chest is a little big I think.
I don't see what you're referring to, but a size 38 coat is fitted to go over a size 38 jacket. A size 36 coat is fitted to go over a size 38 chest.
Originally Posted by zbromer
I've never worn a double-breasted suit, because I believed that they wouldn't flatter my body. I'm about 5'6" and 160 lbds. Kinda short and stocky.
Common thought says that short&stocky guys should not wear double-breasted and should not wear jackets with horizontal patterns, but that's a very nice suit...

mano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jared
Common thought says that short&stocky guys should not wear double-breasted and should not wear jackets with horizontal patterns, but that's a very nice suit...

Not necessarily true on first account and even if it were on the second, the glen plaid is not a pronounced horizontal pattern.

Very nice suit, indeed that appears tailor made for a short, stocky guy. If the measurements fit, wear it.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
http://cgi.ebay.com/NWT-LORO-PIANA-C...QQcmdZViewItem

Could be a steal... NWT orange zip-up cashmere sweater from Loro Piana, size 44. Very nice.

<coughs>

I have two 2 LP half-zip/mock-turtles.. one in a 50 and one in a 52 - both fit me, of course the 50 is slimmer but not significantly smaller than the 52. I like this sweater, at the price, but I'm not sure it'll be small enough.

Definitely a good buy for someone, sweater probably retailed around 700-800.

(Ed, not a word.)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
<coughs>

I have two 2 LP half-zip/mock-turtles.. one in a 50 and one in a 52 - both fit me, of course the 50 is slimmer but not significantly smaller than the 52. I like this sweater, at the price, but I'm not sure it'll be small enough.

Definitely a good buy for someone, sweater probably retailed around 700-800.

(Ed, not a word.)

"So let's see. I buy it and then sell it to Kronik for double, hmm............."

P.S. check your PM in a minute or two, I have something you may want to add to yesterday's stuff.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The latest brand declared of "gay interest:"

http://cgi.ebay.com/brioni-suit-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

While we know that gay men will want to wear it, they may have a hard time determining if it will fit, as the auction is completely lacking in measurements (and label pictures, for that matter).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads