• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
75

EL72

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
6,860
Reaction score
4
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have seen the regular line suits before and they are very nice but never the Gianluca line. Are they fused?

I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)
 

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
25,925
Reaction score
3,511
Originally Posted by EL72
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I have seen the regular line suits before and they are very nice but never the Gianluca line. Are they fused?

I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)


I bought a scarf from him last week, I'll let you know how it is when I get it.
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,141
Reaction score
10
There were some threads about the Gianluca line before, I think it's a diffusion line, but I believe it's still canvassed, not completely sure though.
 

marc237

Distinguished Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2004
Messages
2,381
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by EL72
I am not crazy about this nitro seller as he sells what are apparently fake Zegna shirts (and the layout of his auctions drives me nuts). The rest of his stuff seems authentic and he has some very nice Isaia cashmere scarfs (I like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true)


I have picked up an Isaia sports coat from Nitro. Good price, authentic, delivery timely. Awful lay-out. If he had something in which I were interested, would do again.
 

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
75
Originally Posted by EL72
Well, since most of the 38R eBayers are here, what do you think of this Isaia (Gianluca line) suit http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

If it's actually from Paul Stuart (he doesn't post a picture of the label, and I'll be damned if I read through his absurd listing), it's not the Gianluca line. Isaia, according to Aportnoy, makes the Stuart's Choice line suits. Would be top quality, full canvas. For the price, a steal.

The Gianluca line is fine, but the fusing I've seen is a little thick. Varies by garment, it seems. Not always worth the price it commands, in my opinion.
 

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
13,141
Reaction score
10
Yeah, not sure about the versatility of olive, but hey, if you like it...
 

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Joined
Jun 9, 2005
Messages
39,946
Reaction score
28,580
Originally Posted by chorse123
The Gianluca line is fine, but the fusing I've seen is a little thick. Varies by garment, it seems. Not always worth the price it commands, in my opinion.

Interesting. The Gianluca suits I've seen (mostly at Barney's and Barney's Wh. Sale) had very light fusing actually.
 

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Nov 5, 2004
Messages
10,448
Reaction score
75
Originally Posted by gdl203
Interesting. The Gianluca suits I've seen (mostly at Barney's and Barney's Wh. Sale) had very light fusing actually.

I've only looked at the sportcoats I think, with medium to thick fabric, so that could certainly be it.

By the way, I'm glad to see this thread going. I hope it keeps up, if only because it highlights interesting stuff I might not otherwise look at.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 275 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 71 8.5%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 49 5.9%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 25 3.0%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 22 2.6%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 17 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 9 1.1%
  • 100+

    Votes: 53 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
429,154
Messages
9,229,660
Members
193,748
Latest member
omscarraygoza
Top