• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

texas_jack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
The latest brand declared of "gay interest:"

http://cgi.ebay.com/brioni-suit-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

While we know that gay men will want to wear it, they may have a hard time determining if it will fit, as the auction is completely lacking in measurements (and label pictures, for that matter).

Don't you know? Only gay men dress well. Duh!

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ranchsooner
I know it's used but a Napoli Couture with Peak Lapels. I doubt they know the value of this with a 9.99 opening.

Judging from the copy, I'd guess they've got an idea. Zegna is one of the safer brands to start bidding low, as it just gets more bidders emotionally invested. Unlike Oxxford, for example, which often sells low if you start it low.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
What does this have to do with shoes?
confused.gif

Thought I posted it in the clothing thread... sorry.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The chest measurement on that Zegna seems a little odd, if the pants have a 33 inch waist, i'd assume the suit is a 38-40. Wouldn't the chest then be 40-42 inches if it's a 38, and 42-44 if it's as 40 ?

foto010101

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Homme
The chest measurement on that Zegna seems a little odd, if the pants have a 33 inch waist, i'd assume the suit is a 38-40. Wouldn't the chest then be 40-42 inches if it's a 38, and 42-44 if it's as 40 ?
I agree, I contacted him about this, but he says he's sure about the measurements. Mike

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foto010101
I agree, I contacted him about this, but he says he's sure about the measurements.

Mike

The suit can't have a 'shoulder to cuff of 32.5'
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephanWilliam