ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drizzt3117, Oct 10, 2006.

Tags:
  1. joeygg

joeygg New Member

Looking for anyone with information regarding a fortnam and mason women's cashmere sweater found at a thrift shop in suburban Philadelphia. Can't find a thing about clothing lines for women represented by them. It's a button down cardigan. Gorgeous Anyone with any insights or knowledge

2. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Hey guys. Could use your advice. I bought this new canali blazer in a size (56l) and model (13290) that I know absolutely fits me perfect off the rack. Even at discount I rarely see them at say Nordstrom Rack below $599. I was able to get this for way cheaper and sure enough it fits perfectly.

Anyhow I have a few questions, also my apologies but this is a duplicate post from another Ebay thread since wasn't sure where the best place is.

First, based on the MSRP tag ($1,899) I think it is a suit jacket without the pants, and not a blazer which normally runs at MSRP a few $100 below that. To me it will work fine as a blazer, which is what I bought it for. It's wool but has a bit of a texture. Would this be an issue for any of you or would you keep it as a blazer even if it is a suit jacket? The color is more of a blue than a navy. I have a navy blazer that is nowhere near Canali level so would certainly wear this ahead of that.

Second, the sleeve/cuff buttons aren't sewed on. It does have the buttons in a little bag in a pocket, they appear small and black. Would you guys use these or would you replace with a different color? Also, would a normal tailor know exactly what to do here? Meaning is sewing on the sleeve buttons fairly typical for a tailor to do? I'll be taking it to my tailor next week.

Thanks all, here are a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. IChen

IChen Senior member

Quote: The texture seems like a nice jacket that can work well as a blazer. Just use the buttons and take them to a tailor, he should be able to sew some buttonholes and put them in easy.

edit: the texture looking at it again, looks more like a jacket than a suit.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  4. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

Thanks for the advice. In your second paragraph, by jacket you mean blazer?

5. IChen

IChen Senior member

Feels more like a blazer, this kind of texture I'm seeing more often in like some spring/summer collections at like department stores for example. But no one knows without original ticket.