1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Duffle Bag p0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rach2jlc, Aug 21, 2008.

1. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

I know we have shoe p0rn, watch p0rn, briefcase p0rn, and in some areas pictures bordering on actual p0rn, but do we have it for duffle bags? Anyway, I was cleaning out the closet and decided to take a pic of the two I'm currently using: the left is a Prada V20S in blood orange (basically the same color as Hermes orange), and the right is a Lambertson Truex tri-duffle in chocolate grained calf.

Please post yours as well!
    [​IMG]

2. dopey

dopey Senior member Dubiously Honored

I use the original version of the xtra large size of this, from back when they were made in the USA and carried a lifetime warranty. I think the model was called the Mule. When I had an ice-axe or pole poke through, they repaired it with a full length kevlar bottom. It is a great bag. I can't personally vouch for the current production, but if they have kept up construction standards and service, they are topnotch. [​IMG]

3. tricota

tricota Senior member

I dont have one. Never really saw a need for one...

4. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Senior member Dubiously Honored

^Fair enough! I travel a lot and spend 3 months at least each year overseas. I keep most of the things I need over there, so no need for a gigantic checked suitcase. But, a smaller duffle/carry-on fits the bill nicely for gifts and miscellaneous items. So, I quite like the idea of a smaller, "24-hour" or weekender bag.

I really want one of the Valextra ones, but traveling by air and sticking it into an overhead compartment to get jostled about isn't exactly high on my list for a $4300 bag... (nor is actually paying $4300 for a bag.)

5. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I have a Trafalgar Norwalk Collection bag. It's a great bag, but definitely on the heavy side.

[​IMG]

6. greekonomist

greekonomist Senior member

7. GiltGroupe

GiltGroupe Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Very nice Lambertson Truex bag Rach2.

8. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced black duffle bag?

9. robin

robin Senior member

Any suggestions for a reasonably priced black duffle bag?
    Leather or nylon/canvas?

10. Jupiter Room

Jupiter Room Senior member

Leather or nylon/canvas?

Either is fine. More interested in the look and value [​IMG]

11. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

These came up awhile ago in SW&D, I'd like to get one eventually. The history and price to quality ration make me think these will become the Quoddy of bags sometime in the future.

[​IMG]

12. Big A

Big A Senior member

All leather, from Costco. Indestructible so far . . . .

[​IMG]

13. horton

horton Senior member

I have a Trafalgar Norwalk Collection bag. It's a great bag, but definitely on the heavy side.

[​IMG]

I have the same bag (thanks to Chorse) and agree re the weight. Very nice for travel but difficult to use on a daily basis.

14. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I think it's part of the bag's charm. Not entirely practical, but that can be a good thing!

15. Davron

Davron Member

I have two Krane duffles (the model is called the hawker, I believe) - one for me (black) and one for the wife (brown). They are waxed cotton and leather. Both work great as carry-ons for short trips. As both bags are presently packed away, I grabbed two pics off the web.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

After months of trawling eBay and finding nothing I liked in more expensive bags I purchased the following for everyday business use and short trips. Chocolate Brown No-Name leather Duffle/Holdall [​IMG]

17. mljones99

mljones99 Senior member

Picked this up from my boss who used to manage the local Burberry boutique. Not bad for $50.

[​IMG]

18. m_wave

m_wave Senior member

Picked this up from my boss who used to manage the local Burberry boutique. Not bad for $50.

Cool bag. I guess the only issue for Burberry for me is that there are so many fakes kicking around.

19. mljones99

mljones99 Senior member

Cool bag. I guess the only issue for Burberry for me is that there are so many fakes kicking around.

Yeah, that used to bother me but I'm kind of over it. I work in luxury retail and have friends at other retailers so I am fortunate enough to get some nice pieces at good prices. I know my items are real and that is really all that matters. If someone thinks something I have is fake, oh well....

20. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Senior member

[​IMG] Testino pebble leather duffle