• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

duct tape wallets

mrpress

Reaction score
Not something I'd use but they are sort of charming. How long did it take you to make, say, the Steelers purse?

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrpress
Not something I'd use but they are sort of charming. How long did it take you to make, say, the Steelers purse?

I am not sure. I would say at least 6 hours or more total. That one took forever because I have never made one like that. That whole purse is made from a single woven flat piece that folds together.

NateWV

Reaction score
2 new wallets
49188b63.jpg
cef33d58.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm impressed; very interesting and unique spin on something most people would just throw away. There is quite a market for these types of "found" materials; there is also a designer who does bags woven from recycled seatbelts and such.

My only hint, as a bag/accessory fan, would be as you get better/more practice, you start to look at some of the different types of luxury makers out there and the types of styles/items they are making. You obviously have skill and patience, and over time as you practice more, they'll gain in refinement.

NOW, if you could just blend that into stylistically interesting stuff, with neat "details," you'd be set. If you are serious about wanting to do something with these, there is definitely a market, but you'll have to have an edge and such more than just a "duct tape wallet." As well, there are already many doing the woven pattern... woven recycled garbage bags, woven recycled tarps, etc. etc. etc.

Good luck!

NateWV

Reaction score
Almost have all the wallets made for those who I told would send a free one to. Should have them out this week.

NateWV

Reaction score
Someone sent me a PM asking if I would make a solid blue wallet. Here it is. Let me know if you like it.

3dab8fdb.jpg

975a059d.jpg

f1b1157e.jpg

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would buy one if it was affordable and it was a smaller billfold.

NateWV

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
I would buy one if it was affordable and it was a smaller billfold.

What color? Post picture of a wallet you like and I will see what I can do. Will post pic when I am finished.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing with us, OP - I find your attention to detail pretty impressive for what the medium is.

I also think it's absolutely silly the negative responses that are so disproportionately punitive to what the apparent infraction he made by posting his craft here.

thatguymj

Reaction score
pretty cool, op.

i wouldn't personally carry one, but I would consider buying one to give as a gift.

oh, and i think that black and white one is probably the best one yet in terms of showing your skill- I bet my gf might like it (sorry if it was meant to be a mans wallet)

alexanduh

Reaction score
i think you should start using leather.

altemp

Reaction score
Yeah start doing some Bottega style stuff with leather and you might open up your market a little.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics