• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sartoria-Assisi-bespoke-house-review-1000x1250.jpg

classic-suit-fit-london.jpg

Assisi-suit-review-1000x1250.jpg

the-best-wedding-suit-1000x1250.jpg

image00019-copy.jpeg

image00024-copy-965x1400.jpeg

perfect-wedding-suit-men-1000x1250.jpg

Assisi-1000x1250.jpg

summer-suits-men-1000x1250.jpg

pleated-trousers-men-style-1000x1250.jpg
Assisi-bespoke-price-1000x1250.jpg

Datbriocheguy

Reaction score
Been addicted to Queen of Tears (Korean drama) lately and I'd say they have such amazing tailoring, both men and women. One particular type of outfit that strikes me is the suit but with a long coat done in the same fabric as the pants instead of a regular jacket. I wonder if it's commonly done as I've not seen it anywhere? If so, is there a particular name for this? I thought it's super cool and now I want to wear one as well but I don't know what people around me will think haha.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.55.16.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.55.16.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.55.44.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.55.44.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.56.06.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 18.56.06.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 19.26.51.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 19.26.51.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 55

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been addicted to Queen of Tears (Korean drama) lately and I'd say they have such amazing tailoring, both men and women. One particular type of outfit that strikes me is the suit but with a long coat done in the same fabric as the pants instead of a regular jacket. I wonder if it's commonly done as I've not seen it anywhere? If so, is there a particular name for this? I thought it's super cool and now I want to wear one as well but I don't know what people around me will think haha.
Had one client who ordered 4 piece suits which is jacket, vest, trouser and topcoat or sometimes a cape, all from the same cloth.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Takes big balls to actually wear a cape.
Concur!

I served in the US Army and there was a formal cape authorized to be worn with dress blues. It was dark blue exterior with regimental color lining, I always wanted one, but went to maybe one formal event a year…. Never could justify it.

Similarly, was at a wedding last winter and dress code was “creative black tie.” I was scouring eBay for an opera cape to wear, but couldn’t find one in decent condition at a decent price.

All this is to say you’re right, so far my balls are not big enough……

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Concur!

I served in the US Army and there was a formal cape authorized to be worn with dress blues. It was dark blue exterior with regimental color lining, I always wanted one, but went to maybe one formal event a year…. Never could justify it.

Similarly, was at a wedding last winter and dress code was “creative black tie.” I was scouring eBay for an opera cape to wear, but couldn’t find one in decent condition at a decent price.

Quit being a cuck and grow a pair!

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Concur!

Opera cape is what we made. These were full length capes, same length as the topcoat. This was during my apprenticeship in Dallas in the ‘80’s.
Client was from Big Spring Texas. Every summer for the 3 years i was there he ordered 4 three piece suits and a cape from the same cloth. One for each opening night of the Opera Season.
When he ordered suits for business, we made a matching topcoat for each suit.
it’s a funny thing I can‘t explain. Had a shop in Chicago, but consistently sold more outerwear, topcoats and overcoats, in Dallas than Chicago.
They were a hard sell in Chicago.
Made tails for a young guy in Chicago that he wore for the opera and symphony. Told me he just didn’t care if no one else did, it’s how he liked to dress.
Two stories are enough, will spare you from the details about the client ordering for high Season in Viena.
Tailoring is interesting; men dressing as an expression of their lifestyle.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Opera cape is what we made. These were full length capes, same length as the topcoat. This was during my apprenticeship in Dallas in the ‘80’s.
Client was from Big Spring Texas. Every summer for the 3 years i was there he ordered 4 three piece suits and a cape from the same cloth. One for each opening night of the Opera Season.
When he ordered suits for business, we made a matching topcoat for each suit.
it’s a funny thing I can‘t explain. Had a shop in Chicago, but consistently sold more outerwear, topcoats and overcoats, in Dallas than Chicago.
They were a hard sell in Chicago.
Made tails for a young guy in Chicago that he wore for the opera and symphony. Told me he just didn’t care if no one else did, it’s how he liked to dress.
Two stories are enough, will spare you from the details about the client ordering for high Season in Viena.
Tailoring is interesting; men dressing as an expression of their lifestyle.
Big Spring is literally out in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing that client was some rich oil guy.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janetmorris23