• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tcbinnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like it very much. Who is the man? And the tailor?
I'd almost say it is the same man standing to the right in the black and white photo a few posts preceding. But due to the graininess of the earlier pic (and lack of distinguishing marks) I can't match any features for certain. And even if true that still does not answer your question as I don't know who the "other" person is, either.

Last edited:

roostertailedcow

Reaction score

Attachments

• seealan - B5uXSjnlIwl_B5uXSh8FQsx.jpg
    seealan - B5uXSjnlIwl_B5uXSh8FQsx.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 66
  • vanni_official - B5ul7kUDyX8_B5ul7gSDf9W.jpg
    vanni_official - B5ul7kUDyX8_B5ul7gSDf9W.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 63
  • prologuehongkong - B5ugiXYJxOm.jpg
    prologuehongkong - B5ugiXYJxOm.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 93
  • adriana_esposito_tailor - B5D0_e-IMMR.jpg
    adriana_esposito_tailor - B5D0_e-IMMR.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 125

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
L,
This is my favorite avatar you have used.
Posting in this thread since you live here part time.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I found this fox flannel somerset jacketing, and was wondering how you would pair it with trousers if it was made as a DB sport coat. Any ideas? Would it be better to make it a suit, or does the dashed window pane make that difficult to pull off?

Any and all help is appreciated!

1576606980526.png

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I found this fox flannel somerset jacketing, and was wondering how you would pair it with trousers if it was made as a DB sport coat. Any ideas? Would it be better to make it a suit, or does the dashed window pane make that difficult to pull off?

Any and all help is appreciated!

View attachment 1300443

DB suit!

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not make this into a suit. The pattern would work but, as this is a jacketing, the weave would be too weak for trousers. I generally shy away from DB sports coats, but you may be bolder than I am. Gray sports coats are difficult to combine with trousers. You need sufficient contrast between top and bottom, as well as some harmony or contrast in terms of colour. I could see navy cords or moleskin work but I’m not sure how versatile it would be otherwise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics