• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yachtie
And now for something completely different:

IMG_2022.jpg

And on:

IMG_2041.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Marc Chevalier of the Fedora Lounge and collection of 1930/40s DBs which sold recently on eBay

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
PRINCE-CHARLES-PRINCE-WILLIAM_163073.jpg

prince-charles-camilla-parker.jpg

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cs1
Did you just post this pic on Ask Andy? You look familiar. I do like the jacket.

Tim

Quite a while ago. Is someone re-posting my pics?

thanks
smile.gif

The Transporter

Reaction score
I'm a bit late to this thread but my first adult suit was a faint chalk stripe navy DB in 1994. I bought it the summer before my last semester of college and it looked great on me as I was 6'4" and about 200lbs. Probably not the wisest choice for interviewing but I held onto it and can still sort of fit into it today even though I've bulked up from hitting the gym the last few years.

I also found a retro black chalk stripe DB at a vintage shop in 2004 for $45. The guy had just gotten it in the day before and it was my size to a T! I wore it for a play I was doing in which I played a pimp with a cane and a black bowler and it looked awesome. It's a little longer than usual so it's not quite the traditional style so I usually just pull it out for more casual events and Halloween. I try to pull it off as a pimp suit but usually get John Steed instead
laugh.gif

yachtie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Transporter
I also found a retro black chalk stripe DB at a vintage shop in 2004 for $45. The guy had just gotten it in the day before and it was my size to a T! I wore it for a play I was doing in which I played a pimp with a cane and a black bowler and it looked awesome. It's a little longer than usual so it's not quite the traditional style so I usually just pull it out for more casual events and Halloween. I try to pull it off as a pimp suit but usually get John Steed instead
laugh.gif

Paging FNB....
wink.gif

tlmusic

Reaction score
Here's a couple beauties--one blue and one brown.
Someone ordered both of these bespoke suits. They are in a local tailor's workroom waiting for final adjustments.

cicchini007ur2.jpg

A close up of the brown one, lying on the table:
cicchini006me2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads