1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Dinner at Per Se - Suit or Blazer?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by windrunner, Feb 17, 2009.

1. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Nonetheless, The Prince is about 1,000,000 times better.

1,000,000?

- B

2. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

I think they would appreciate it at Per Se if you showed up in a chef's tunic, with your name embroidered on it, and a toque.

Also, bring your own cutlery and wine glasses.

- B

3. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

I'm surprised no one suggested the Amazing Blazer Suit (TM).

4. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Save the blazer and slacks for Chicago[​IMG]

j/k

5. Manton

Manton Senior member Dubiously Honored

I think they would appreciate it at Per Se if you showed up in a chef's tunic, with your name embroidered on it, and a toque.

- B

I could do that!

6. robin

robin Senior member

- B

Is that like, Throwdown with Bobby Flay?

7. Roikins

Roikins Senior member

Every meal I've had at Per Se or the French Laundry has had me in a suit and tie. To me, it's a way of showing respect to the artistry of the chef's in the kitchen and the food on the plate. [​IMG]
    Dinner date at Per Se this week... Suit or Blazer? Was thinking either blue suit or navy blazer, gray slacks, white linen pocket square, G&G black monks. Tie or no tie? Thanks gents, Windrunner

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The simple solution is: Blazersuitâ„¢

9. mafoofan

mafoofan Senior member Dubiously Honored

The simple solution is: Blazersuitâ„¢

That's not an answer to anything.

10. Bird's One View

Bird's One View Senior member

Soon the health regulations will have to be rewritten to address the One Shoe crowd.

11. bowtielover

bowtielover Senior member

Depends weither or not you go for the bare minimum or for social acceptance. Personaly for me I would go with the suit, because I believe it the be the only accpetable answer but I know somethings have changed recently and you could probably get away with the blazer if you really want to.

12. AscotMcPocketsquare

AscotMcPocketsquare Senior member

You don't need to wear a suit. I'm fairly certain I've eaten there in jeans before.

13. Lagavulin16

Lagavulin16 Senior member

Suit. I was there right before the Holidays in early December and most men wore suits and ties. I would use it as an occassion to break our your favorite suit and enjoy the night out on the town.

Have fun.

P.S. There were also at least three men in black tie, all at different tables. Have no idea if they were coming from somewhere or going someplace, but our reservation was at 9 pm, so I just assumed they got dressed for dinner.

14. AscotMcPocketsquare

Suit. I was there right before the Holidays in early December and most men wore suits and ties. I would use it as an occassion to break our your favorite suit and enjoy the night out on the town.

Have fun.

P.S. There were also at least three men in black tie, all at different tables. Have no idea if they were coming from somewhere or going someplace, but our reservation was at 9 pm, so I just assumed they got dressed for dinner.

No one dresses for dinner in black tie to go to per se. I eat there fairly often and I can 100% say a suit is NOT required. I would say a dress shirt, blazer and nice jeans or dress pants if you wish is fine.

15. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

No one dresses for dinner in black tie to go to per se. I eat there fairly often and I can 100% say a suit is NOT required. I would say a dress shirt, blazer and nice jeans or dress pants if you wish is fine.

OP: Don't embarrass yourself and wear jeans. Wear a suit.

16. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Apparently, you have not eaten there in jeans, sneakers or shorts as all 3 items are prohibited. Per Se (212)823-9335. It is on their automated recording and I confirmed this with a live person.

17. AscotMcPocketsquare

Apparently, you have not eaten there in jeans, sneakers or shorts as all 3 items are prohibited. Per Se (212)823-9335. It is on their automated recording and I confirmed this with a live person.

I don't wear sneakers or shorts to restaurants, but I have eaten there in jeans regardless of what they will tell you on the phone. Also, ULTRA lol at "embarrass yourself by wearing jeans," embarrass myself in front of who exactly? I am going to a restaurant to get a good meal not to impress the staff by overdressing. By all means, show up in white tie and "show them how it's done."

18. cchen

cchen Senior member

this has become quite amusing

19. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Next time you go--go in jeans and post a pic here. My guess is that I will be waiting for that pic for a long long time...

I have not eaten at Per Se. Friends who have tell me that the dress code is enforced as the restaurant is creating a certain atmosphere for their guests.

20. robin

robin Senior member

Cruiser, is that really you?