• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dexter

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The final scene was horrifying and shocking but I can't help but have this become the event that makes the show jump the shark. The last 2 episodes had some severe flaws in the storytelling, considering how strong the season started, and the final scene, while shocking, also made me roll my eyes a bit.

but i'm pissed. almost to the point I dont want to watch next season, but I will.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ya, IDK. It was shocking but I am not sure if it was well done.

I am a bit confused by the timing of it all. How did Dexter find Trinity on the road. He was in his trunk or something? When did Trinity do what he did?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEWSINATOR
I am a bit confused by the timing of it all. How did Dexter find Trinity on the road. He was in his trunk or something? When did Trinity do what he did?

i think that was what was inferred, that Dexter took the cap off, was hiding under the back seat or something and just waited for his car to finally blow out to make his move. And yea, Trinity would have have had a less-than-5 minute timeframe for the person to be present for him to do what he did. some pretty unreal **** going on. A bit too much creative license was taken with the timing of events.

racetrack

Reaction score
If it turns out that Rita is not actually dead and it was a hallucination/dream... Dexter will be dead to me.

audiophilia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
whoah, i called that at 9:35.

Moi aussi. Or, maybe the sister.

Good ending to a weak final three hours. What happens when you lose control of the story line a wee bit and stretch.

Trinity was his match and had to get one last dig, no pun intended!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by racetrack
If it turns out that Rita is not actually dead and it was a hallucination/dream... Dexter will be dead to me.

In a short interview with the producer (?), he said Rita is truly dead and that Julie Benz was "unhappy about the decision but took it like a professional" and there are no plans to bring her back as a ghost like his dad. He also said the writers wrote themselves into a corner and had to find a way to do a finale that would be worthy of the season and the Trinity character so the decision to get rid of Rita was last minute and not planned when the season started.
frown.gif

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shocking just to be shocking. A total WTF moment.

e23

Reaction score
They had a shittier alternate ending planned.

I forgot where I read it, probably ew.com was something like a child murderer escaped from custody and Dexter had to choose between getting the killer or meeting up with Rita?

That would've been worse. The final scene absolutely shocked me but they can do SO much in the next season now.

gdc_2008

Reaction score
I really didn't dig the final scene...I mean, its a show, whatever...but can't do kids in peril stuff. That said, it seemed very rushed and the extra interview bit with the two guys afterwards made it seem even more cliche/cheesy to end it like that. yeah, I'll watch next season...just hope it starts with them finding the sister in her place as well....

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdc_2008
I really didn't dig the final scene...I mean, its a show, whatever...but can't do kids in peril stuff. That said, it seemed very rushed and the extra interview bit with the two guys afterwards made it seem even more cliche/cheesy to end it like that. yeah, I'll watch next season...just hope it starts with them finding the sister in her place as well....

Extra interview bit? Is this something I miss out on by watching the Canadian feed, like the previews of upcoming episodes?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Shocking just to be shocking. A total WTF moment.

Yeah, seemed forced and without impact.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eason
Yeah, seemed forced and without impact.

It had impact because you can picture Rita as he cuts her in the bath like the other ones, but totally unnecessary and, exactly, forced.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Without impact? Did you see the first episode? You had to feel a little affection for her, even if she was a nag.

I gotta say, though, Rita was a lot closer to a jumper than a bathtub, if I remember correctly. Before the finale started, I was expecting it to be one of the children. I guess that's the sort of thing they couldn't show even on showtime.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads