• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: Castangia from SARTORIALE

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction is for a Castangia Suit or Sportcoat from SARTORIALE Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Dexter

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody been watching Dexter? I'm about three episodes in.

I believe it's on Showtime in the US. Interesting concept. Michael C. Hall makes a very likeable serial killer.

Thoughts?

Reaction score

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love the show
excellent acting

it's at about episode 6 here in canada though

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen it, but from the marketing, it seems like a pretty loathsome concept. I'm waiting for the Showtime biopic focusing on the sensitive side of Stalin. Mind you, I'm obviously just judging the marketing, so tell me if it doesn't really represent the show.

mikeman

Reaction score
Anybody here getting excited for season 3 to start soon? September 29th to be exact.I cant wait to see what is going to happen this season!

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
this show is amazing

season 1 was some of the best tv I've ever seen

season 2 was surprisingly even better than season 1 (or at least as good as), watching episode 10 or 11, it's hard to believe they could wrap it up so clean and neat by episode 12. Really good tense writing, had me on the edge of my seat.

I was almost lucky to have come into this show after season 2 already ended because I watched the entire 2 seasons in a matter of days, it's so engrossing

I'm looking forward to #3, I hope the addition of Jimmy Smits as a central character doesnt go into stupid territory

injung

Reaction score
Great show - I got into it about the same time as Mad Men and for a while I couldn't decide which I wanted to watch more.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to miss Doakes' f-bombs but I'll survive.

Can't wait for Season 3.

limping_decorum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As fucked up as this may sound, the show is actually better than the books.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just finished watching the first episode of Season 3. Mind-blowing as always.

The compelling drama notwithstanding, this show makes me laugh more than other sitcoms on the air.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Season 1 was great, though a little predictable. I just got Season2 in the mail from Netflix and can't wait to start watching.

Mike

Reaction score
Originally Posted by limping_decorum
As fucked up as this may sound, the show is actually better than the books.

I agree. The show added some subplots that were pretty good and fleshed out the characters more {Dexter's girlfriend's exhusband coming back, his sister recovering from the stuff at the end of the first season, to name 2}. Also, I thought the endings of the books were too quick. After all the build up of the book they'd wrap everything up in a page or two.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I love Sgt. Doakes, best character. I eagerly await season 3.

appolyon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Its about the 6th episode in season 1 here in Oz but I've downloaded the 2 seasons and watched them both. Absolutely love the show.

When it first came out I have to say I wasn't keen on watching it but after the first episode I was hooked. Bring on season 3!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 29 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.7%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.9%
  • 31 - 40