• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cowboy boots

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood and @gnatty8 for Rios of Mercedes boots, do you recommend sizing up to EE width if you’re normally a D width brannock? The site I am looking at also recommends sizing down a half size as they say they run long. Is this your experience as well?

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@FrankCowperwood and @gnatty8 for Rios of Mercedes boots, do you recommend sizing up to EE width if you’re normally a D width brannock? The site I am looking at also recommends sizing down a half size as they say they run long. Is this your experience as well?

I feel like my feet don't offer a useful comparison point in many cases, but I'm a D Brannock verging on E. I wear anything from 10.5E to 11.5D in most things and I ended up with 11.5EE in Rios and it's still a fairly snug fit. So in my book, Rios runs on the small and really quite narrow side.

Highly recommend getting a pair that you can try on and return if necessary or getting into a store for a fitting.

Then you should try on Heritage too so you can tell us how they fit compared to Rios!

DWFII

Bespoke Boot and Shoemaker
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I feel like my feet don't offer a useful comparison point in many cases...
Highly recommend getting a pair that you can try on and return if necessary or getting into a store for a fitting.

There is no better recipe for frustration and disappointment...and the old "cowboy boots pinch my toes"...than relying on someone else's (who is not a maker) experiences to determine what size to buy.

Last edited:

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like my feet don't offer a useful comparison point in many cases, but I'm a D Brannock verging on E. I wear anything from 10.5E to 11.5D in most things and I ended up with 11.5EE in Rios and it's still a fairly snug fit. So in my book, Rios runs on the small and really quite narrow side.

Then you should try on Heritage too so you can tell us how they fit compared to Rios!
Thanks frank! I’ll probably wait until I can try them on. The good news, being in Texas, I can drive down the street to Lucchese or Pinto Ranch and try on every major maker imaginable. With that said, some of the more fun makers with zany shafts and fun designs are in other cities. Next time I’m in Austin it’s going to take a lot of self control not to drop some serious coin on some silly snake boots at heritage.

clothingfun

Reaction score
Hello and I hope everyone is well. I am pretty new to SF and have been exploring around the forum. I am delighted to have discovered this thread. I'm a native Westerner of many generations and a dedicated cowboy boots "lifer!" No shoes for me! :)

I just wanted to say hello and say I'm enjoying everyone's comments. Just for fun here is what I'm wearing today. Cuadra ostrich in a snip toe and the color they call "flame oryx." Nice to meet everyone.

mmmargeologist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello and I hope everyone is well. I am pretty new to SF and have been exploring around the forum. I am delighted to have discovered this thread. I'm a native Westerner of many generations and a dedicated cowboy boots "lifer!" No shoes for me! :)

I just wanted to say hello and say I'm enjoying everyone's comments. Just for fun here is what I'm wearing today. Cuadra ostrich in a snip toe and the color they call "flame oryx." Nice to meet everyone.

View attachment 1200303 View attachment 1200304
Those are killer!

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks frank! I’ll probably wait until I can try them on. The good news, being in Texas, I can drive down the street to Lucchese or Pinto Ranch and try on every major maker imaginable. With that said, some of the more fun makers with zany shafts and fun designs are in other cities. Next time I’m in Austin it’s going to take a lot of self control not to drop some serious coin on some silly snake boots at heritage.

That's a nice feature of living in Texas! More fun to get in and see the boots in person too.

And @clothingfun those are beautiful. Love the color of the ostrich and the design on the uppers. How long have you been wearing those?

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
FWIW, a 'Cuban' is concave on the sides and around the back.

DWFII

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Why do you have to ruin this for me @DWFII !!!
I'm one of those folks who believes more knowledge is better...even if it comes from someone who actually makes boots :devil:

This is a Cuban heel (sometimes referred to as a 'military' heel) and aside from several other pairs (my work) posted on page 31, probably the only 'cuban heels" in the thread.

DSC00066 (800 x 600).jpg

clothingfun

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for your kind words! Very much appreciated. @FrankCowperwood, in regards to your question, I purchased these about five or six years ago. They have seen pretty regular wear during that time and have held up great. Very comfortable and a real joy to wear. This thread seems like it could be a lot of fun!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics