• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corter Leather Goods - Definitive Thread

CPaul

Reaction score
Just got my belt from him. Took about 3-4 weeks in the US. Eric was pretty speedy to respond to my emails though.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like other people have better luck getting an answer back from this guy. I think I'm just going to file a PayPal dispute and get my money back. I'm all for supporting small businesses like this one, especially because the stuff is pretty great, but he's really testing my patience. Too bad, I could see myself buying a lot of stuff from Corter. But 2+ months with no delivery and no response to multiple emails is a bit much.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have you tried contacting him via Twitter (@Corter)?

I don't use twitter. I guess I could try via facebook. But either way I am less then impressed, which is disappointing because I seem to be the only person who has had major issues with him. I'm still giving the benefit of the doubt because he's a one-man show, and I like what he makes.

whuh

Reaction score
Maybe he never got your e-mail because it got trapped in his spam filter or folder? Or maybe he did get your e-mail and responded but it got trapped in your spam filter or folder.

Hatch&Whisk

Reaction score
the above happened to me. eric is great about responding to twitter, but emails sometimes get lost.

keep in mind this is essentially one guy churning out pounds and pounds of leather goods every day.

CPaul

Reaction score
maybe too much quantity, and not enough quality. I love my belt but the cuts on it weren't the best.

corter

Reaction score
johnH- very sorry, I'm caught up on my email right now and it seems you haven't got a response? Send over another, I'd be happy to get your order sorted out as it seems you haven't received it yet.

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corter Leather: Standard Belts
untitled.bmp
A new shipment from Corter has just arrived and we are excited to have 3 different styles of their "standard" belt in store. This shipment includes a restock of the classic vegetable tanned natural leather belt and 2 new styles including a Latigo in burgundy and an oiled dyed black English bridle. The design is simple, and well made. The leather is thick, heavy, durable and will withstand time and abuse as well as age and patina the more you wear it. Corter Leather 14oz Latigo Leather "Standard" Belt in Burgundy * 100% Latigo cowhide leather. Latigo is like the waxed cotton of leathers, in that it is impregnated with oils and waxes to make it nice and durable and even slightly waterproof. The leather has a smooth glossy finish from the wax and oils, yet the grain shows through and will continue to age and patina with wear. * Oil dyed and waxed at tannery with raw edges. * Brass-plated roller buckle and two Chicago screws * 1-1/2" wide, 1/4" thick * Made in the USA
7925001.8b.JPG
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7925001 Corter Leather 14oz English Bridle Leather "Standard" Belt in Black * 100% English bridle leather cowhide * Oil dyed at the tannery with raw edges and still shows graining of the leather * Nickel-plated roller buckle and two Chicago screws * 1-1/2" wide, 1/4" thick * Made in the USA
7925002.5b.JPG
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7925002 Corter Leather 14oz Vegetable Tanned Leather "Standard" Belt in Natural * 100% English bridle vegetable tanned cowhide leather * Nickel-plated roller buckle and two Chicago screws * 1-1/2" wide, 1/4" thick * Made in the USA
7925000.8b.JPG
http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7925000 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/corter-leather-standard-belts-now.html

Jay-D

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Corter Leather: The "Bottle Opener" Key Hook
7925003.4b.JPG
I wish I had one of these when I was in college! Eric Heins, the designer and one-man-show who is Corter Leather, came up with a creative little masterpiece. It is a key hook which fits easily around a belt loop on your denim and it works as a functional bottle opener. It is forged from cast steel in a metal shop in California and comes with solid copper o-rings from Montana and a leather tab that is hand cut by Eric in his Boston workshop. The forged cast steel is solid metal that will be durable and made to last. And just like denim or leather, these metals will age and patina the longer you use them. Corter Leather "Bottle Opener" Key Hook in Aged Pewter
7925003.1b.JPG
7925003.3b.JPG
* Cast in California * Plated steel for addtional strength * Hooks onto belt loops, bags, inside pockets, and easy to carry. * Leather tab is hand cut and stamped in house. * One size, approximately 3" tall and 1.65" wide * Made in the USA http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7925003 Corter Leather "Bottle Opener" Key Hook in Copper
7925004.1b.JPG
7925004.3b.JPG
Cast in California * Plated steel for addtional strength * Hooks onto belt loops, bags, inside pockets, and easy to carry. * Leather tab is hand cut and stamped in house. * One size, approximately 3" tall and 1.65" wide * Made in the USA http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bri...il&SKU=7925004 More details can be seen on our latest blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/05/corter-leather-bottle-opener-key-hooks.html

hallph

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=2891]r1.jpg (63k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=2892]r2.jpg (63k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

My wrist wrap after, probably 8 months of on-and-off wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads