• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Corduroy Appreciation Club annual grand meeting 2010

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
In particular, I am curious about the subject of the keynote speech.

I will be speaking in support of corduroy and against its natural enemy, velvet.

Hackett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
I will be speaking in support of corduroy and against its natural enemy, velvet.

I love the idea of the Corduroy Appreciation Club, except their extreme stance regarding velvet. I can't pay dues to an organization engaged in such untoward partisanship.

Montauk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hackett
I love the idea of the Corduroy Appreciation Club, except their extreme stance regarding velvet. I can't pay dues to an organization engaged in such untoward partisanship.

After all, what is velvet but monowale corduroy?

YoungAmerican

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I can only presume you are a spy.

Hackett

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Montauk
After all, what is velvet but monowale corduroy?
Exactly! It's not the size of the wale, but the... texture?
Originally Posted by YoungAmerican
I can only presume you are a spy.
If my lifestyle were only so glamorous. No, I'm just a skeptic who thinks that this corduroy-vs-velvet nonsense is a ruse concocted by the powers that be to distract us from the real crimes against sartoria: ubiquitous sportswear, corrected-grain leather, and general douchebaggery.

caldervale

Reaction score
I'm just a skeptic who thinks that this corduroy-vs-velvet nonsense is a ruse concocted by the powers that be to distract us from the real crimes against sartoria: ubiquitous sportswear, corrected-grain leather, and general douchebaggery.

Divide and rule my man, divide and rule.

Montauk

Reaction score
From the Old Gray Lady:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/20...er=rss&emc=rss

From the blog of of Jesse Thorn, America's Radio Sweetheart, host of "The Sound of Young America," and last night's stentorian keynote speaker:

http://putthison.com/

Join us:

http://corduroyclub.com/

President and Founder Miles Rohan states the theme:

http://corduroyclub.com/cordulog/rar...-released.html

Mark your calendars -- 11 │ 11 │ 11 will be the date which most closely resembles corduroy... EVER.

Hail the Wale.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dorkiness is just a little bit too powerful. It borders on embarassing IMO.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nope ... and me with RA cords to show ... in bright claret!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads