• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

conservative business dress WAYWRN: An Experiment

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG00556-20120216-0916.jpg

IMG00559-20120216-0917.jpg

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would you really expect any more from me? :embar:

:lol: I usually don't mind snobs, they're rather amusing (and I'm sure I'm one to many around me). For some reason, coffee snobs irritate me though - most of them are erudite without much of a palate to go with it.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

:lol: I usually don't mind snobs, they're rather amusing (and I'm sure I'm one to many around me). For some reason, coffee snobs irritate me though - most of them are erudite without much of a palate to go with it.

I think "good" coffee hasn't been around long enough, or prevalent enough to seperate the snobs for the sake of being snobs and the people who actually have a palate and can say yes this coffee is good, and yes I don't like it. The world of wine has these people. Coffee is full of the same pretention that 16 year old hipsters are with bands.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think "good" coffee hasn't been around long enough, or prevalent enough to seperate the snobs for the sake of being snobs and the people who actually have a palate and can say yes this coffee is good, and yes I don't like it. The world of wine has these people. Coffee is full of the same pretention that 16 year old hipsters are with bands.

Good coffee has been around for very long where I'm from. I've used nespresso for now about 20 years and drink espresso shots all day long outside in regular coffee places or in the snob-catering outlets where baristas work in the slowes possible motion to pull a single-origin shot that apparently is better when you wait 10 minutes for it. Sometimes, I do get a great shot but IMO, Nespresso is better than 90% of what I taste out there. Those who put it down either have no clue about what a good espresso tastes like, or are simply dishonest. If it's ****, why do so many chefs who care intensely about what they serve and are particularly anal about it use nespresso only? Blumenthal at the Fat DUck, Paul Liebrandt at Corton, etc... Don't tell me because Nestle pays them to do so, that's not a good enough reason for chefs of that caliber. The combination of high quality, consistency and convenience is hard to top.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Good coffee has been around for very long where I'm from. I've used nespresso for now about 20 years and drink espresso shots all day long outside in regular coffee places or in the snob-catering outlets where baristas work in the slowes possible motion to pull a single-origin shot that apparently is better when you wait 10 minutes for it. Sometimes, I do get a great shot but IMO, Nespresso is better than 90% of what I taste out there. Those who put it down either have no clue about what a good espresso tastes like, or are simply dishonest. If it's ****, why do so many chefs who care intensely about what they serve and are particularly anal about it use nespresso only? Blumenthal at the Fat DUck, Paul Liebrandt at Corton, etc... Don't tell me because Nestle pays them to do so, that's not a good enough reason for chefs of that caliber. The combination of high quality, consistency and convenience is hard to top.

This is a big factor. The reason why I have been debating getting one for the office. When I get good coffee right it is wonderful, but that is kind of rare, and hard at work. I would rather know what I am about to drink is going to taste like, Nespresso does that.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is a big factor. The reason why I have been debating getting one for the office. When I get good coffee right it is wonderful, but that is kind of rare, and hard at work. I would rather know what I am about to drink is going to taste like, Nespresso does that.

I don't think there's any other option if it's something you want to keep in your office/cube, rather than a kitchen. It's the only clean espresso system that is worth something. The other option is to use handpresso - with the right pods, it pulls a very decent shot. It also has the benefit to be completely silent, which can be good if your office neighbors are not too fond of the noise of an espresso machine pump...

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't think there's any other option if it's something you want to keep in your office/cube, rather than a kitchen. It's the only clean espresso system that is worth something. The other option is to use handpresso - with the right pods, it pulls a very decent shot. It also has the benefit to be completely silent, which can be good if your office neighbors are not too fond of the noise of an espresso machine pump...

Yeah, now I have a grinder and the works on my desk. I think my neighbors would be very happy to not listen to the grinder anymore. I am sick of the cleaning aspect of it, especially since they are doing renovations on our floor and we don't have a kitchen area. Washing my stuff in the bathroom several times daily gets really annoying.

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Yeah, now I have a grinder and the works on my desk. I think my neighbors would be very happy to not listen to the grinder anymore. I am sick of the cleaning aspect of it, especially since they are doing renovations on our floor and we don't have a kitchen area. Washing my stuff in the bathroom several times daily gets really annoying.

An Olympia Cremina is pretty compact.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The combination of high quality, consistency and convenience is hard to top.

I think it's perceived high quality is due to it's consistency and convenience. Have tried all the colors and have stopped in at the place on Madison but haven't owned one because I don't like the taste of their coffee and the temperature the machines brew at make it taste scorched. I'm not a wine drinker because I don't get the nuance of different wines but the nuance in coffee comes thru on my palate. I can think of a handful of times I had food and wine pairings that were mind blowing and it's the same with espresso. I remember a handful of shots that were exceptional. The process of beans, grind, tamp, temperature, etc is part of the allure to me. It's like making custom clothes but Nespresso is like MTM as you can choose the flavor profile but you get a RTW product in the end. Standardized, processed and predictable. And I still listen to most of the music I liked when I was 16. Go ahead, stereotype me.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

The combination of high quality, consistency and convenience is hard to top.

I think it's perceived high quality is due to it's consistency and convenience. Have tried all the colors and have stopped in at the place on Madison but haven't owned one because I don't like the taste of their coffee and the temperature the machines brew at make it taste scorched. I'm not a wine drinker because I don't get the nuance of different wines but the nuance in coffee comes thru on my palate. I can think of a handful of times I had food and wine pairings that were mind blowing and it's the same with espresso. I remember a handful of shots that were exceptional. The process of beans, grind, tamp, temperature, etc is part of the allure to me. It's like making custom clothes but Nespresso is like MTM as you can choose the flavor profile but you get a RTW product in the end. Standardized, processed and predictable. And I still list to most of the music I liked when I was 16. Go ahead, stereotype me.

The process is great. I like it and enjoy it, but honestly I would rather enjoy that at home, during leisure. At work I have a totally different attitude and mindset that might make it easier for me and give me something to look forward to when I am not at work.

Btw, the music you listened to when you were 16 is probably actually good music. That was me being a music snob, too.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads