• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

comparison of t-shirts: which has the best fit for the least amount of money?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
American Apparel is terrible, I can't believe they don't taper their t-shirts, it makes them look incredibly blousy while being too tight in the chest.

+1, American Apparel doesn't make slim t-shirts, they make skinny t-shirts. You can get the same result just by sizing down one in GAP/Hanes/pretty much anything else, because all they do is shrink everything a size. They make sense if you don't have much a of a drop and you need something smaller than the other widely-available tees, though.

dacia1300

Reaction score
go with WASH, its a pretty sick brand, they carry it at barneys, some of the best fitting softest cotton tees ever.

AK47AZ

Reaction score
Express for men has a lot of well priced average items like khaki shorts, pleaded shorts, plain long sleeves, and especially printed t's. Everytime I go there I end up with a couple new t-shirts and various other items because everything is so cheap. The t-shirts fit well and usually have basic designs without the company logo anywhere(which I like).

The other day I picked up some stretch fit plain tee's from Express for men that were like 15$ each and they fit perfect and feel and look like 80-100$ shirts, honestly.

T-shirts that fit the best in my opinion would be Energie and G-Star Raw. I couldn't decide which t's not to get when I was at the Energie store in Vegas, unfortunately they are like 100-120$ for a t-shirt. This new trend has made me treat my t's with much more care, only hand-washed and hung dry now.

Custo Barcelona has super good fittings t's in luxurious feeling materials and crazy designs, but they are 150$+

G-Star Raw has unique tee's with alot of attention to detail and nice little touches that make the shirt feel like quality, they are usually 80$+

Diesel tee's fit well, but not many cool designs this season:/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads