• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by themselves
yes, they added that recently, after I ordered. so I don't think the sizing has changed at all from last season.

I've worn my desert boots for a few days, and I've concluded that the sizing is bizarre.
Basically, if you get your 'true size' you get moderate cramping in the toe box, and slippage in the heel. If you size down, that eliminates the heel slippage, but your toes are going to feel squashed.
I think you would need to have a foot that is deformed in a very specific way to feel comfortable in these things. Or maybe you just have to be willing to suffer for fashion. If you are going to get these things, I'd say size down. Slippage at the heel, is more of a pain than cramped toes.
Also, the quality isn't 'all that'. It's like an upmarket Vans, with the detailing dialed right back to suit a more minimal taste, and with marginally higher quality. But poorly designed from a perspective of comfort. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy these, even at half price.
But maybe I just don't have the right shaped foot for these things. I assume there must be many satisfied customers, otherwise they wouldn't make them. Make sure you get them from somewhere that gives refunds.

Originally Posted by airportlobby
Jesus. Like any other shoe, they're gonna fit some people's feet better than other's. The number of complaints is going to be directly proportional to the cost and whether the buyer tried them on before buying them. Either go try them on or buy them from an estore that allows returns.

Thank you. I'm so sick of people saying "These shoes fit like crap!" You may not like the silhouette, the shape of the toebox, whatever, but complaining that they are not comfortable, not because of some defect or fundamental design issue, but because the available sizes don't fit the wearer well, is just stupid. I like a deal as much as the net guy, but sometimes it's worth it to pay full price for the privilege of buying stuff that fits.

aschrock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by a2_hennessy
Pardon my ignorance, but what is it about CPs that justify their high price tag? Is the material, the look, the...?

I'm also a little baffled. The low-tops are so generic they're cool?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Thank you. I'm so sick of people saying "These shoes fit like crap!" You may not like the silhouette, the shape of the toebox, whatever, but complaining that they are not comfortable, not because of some defect or fundamental design issue, but because the available sizes don't fit the wearer well, is just stupid. I like a deal as much as the net guy, but sometimes it's worth it to pay full price for the privilege of buying stuff that fits.

I do think CP could offer half sizes.

themselves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy

I kind of do think there are 'fundamental design issues' with the CP desert boot. 1) it has only two piercings for the laces, and they are positioned very low down on the leather flaps (don't know what the technical term is). Which means there's not much holding the rear/ upper part of the boot on your foot. This manifests as the boot slipping on your heal, if you don't size down. 2) it's exceedingly narrow, meaning your toes are squashed. Especially if you size down. Which you need to do if you don't want the boot slipping at the heel.

And paying full price is the problem - I did purchase a fall/ winter model at 'retail price' in the color I wanted, because I needed a good boot immediately, and based on the marketing shtick - "buttery smooth suede", "fully lined" - I kinda actually was expecting something comfortable. They really should add a disclaimer - "in order to achieve the distinctive, slender profile with the desert boot, we've had to cram you toes into an extremely confined space, so please do be aware that these shoes will be anything but comfortable..." Fashion victims would still purchase, but who want some degree of functionality in their clothes would be warned away.
smile.gif

themselves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
Stop blaming CP for your grossly enlarged, tendril-like toes.

I have desert boots from Acne, APC, Clarks and even Airwalk, and they all fit fine. So I don't think my toes are that weird. Regarding the CP desert boot, I think it takes a special kind of marsupialation to create a desert boot that can be simultaneously loose in the heel, and cramped in the toe... But I take your point, which I assume is that some body types just aren't suited to some clothes...

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aschrock
I'm also a little baffled. The low-tops are so generic they're cool?
Yup! CPs appeal to me is that they're sleek, simple sneakers without much branding (and the little numbers are very neat imo) or the immediately recognizable shape of Converse or whatever. Can't say much more since I don't own a pair yet but I hope to soon.

Odd Morsel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by themselves
I have desert boots from Acne, APC, Clarks and even Airwalk, and they all fit fine. So I don't think my toes are that weird. Regarding the CP desert boot, I think it takes a special kind of marsupialation to create a desert boot that can be simultaneously loose in the heel, and cramped in the toe... But I take your point, which I assume is that some body types just aren't suited to some clothes...

Considering the things you've spewed, I assume this is sarcasm?

facepalm.gif

lefty02guns

Reaction score
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles?

Thanks

auc2mic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty02guns
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles?

Thanks

I size up one for achilles... 41 in DB, 42 in achilles

lefty02guns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by auc2mic
I size up one for achilles... 41 in DB, 42 in achilles

That's how I am leaning. But the desert boots are quite long (almost half size too long) but fit well otherwise. If I size up in the Achilles will they be similar in length or outrageously long?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty02guns
Anyone know how the desert boots compare to the achilles? I wear a 43 in the desert boots and am wondering if I should stick to the same size for the achilles? Thanks
I feel like the sizing is similar, but the desert boots may be a bit longer (1/4 to 1/2 size) and maybe very slightly narrower. If a 43 in desert is on the small side for you, you may want to size up to a 44 in achilles. If it fits big, you could probably stick with a 43.

sixsails

Reaction score
I got my desert boots and the length is fine, yet the toes are tight. I could wear these and they might even stretch to be somewhat comfortable but I'm going to return them. I'm thinking about exchanging for the achilles low in my true size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads