• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mondayc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fycus
Whoever posted the link to The Tannery, thanks! There's a good amount of CP's all for around $120 shipped. I copped a pair of tourney mids. They'll go fast now that the spot is blown...
http://www.thetannery.com/Search.asp...id=333&dept=50

Just bought the white patent Bballs, thanks. I've never seen a model with the off-white sole, though. Weird picture maybe?

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just the picture, they have only release bball highs in white with the true white sole. Since these look like ss09, I hope the rubber isn't dried out and worn looking. Should be fine though...

themselves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PreMMM0
actually they do recommend sizing down, so this confuses sizing issues further?.
yes, they added that recently, after I ordered. so I don't think the sizing has changed at all from last season. I've worn my desert boots for a few days, and I've concluded that the sizing is bizarre. Basically, if you get your 'true size' you get moderate cramping in the toe box, and slippage in the heel. If you size down, that eliminates the heel slippage, but your toes are going to feel squashed. I think you would need to have a foot that is deformed in a very specific way to feel comfortable in these things. Or maybe you just have to be willing to suffer for fashion. If you are going to get these things, I'd say size down. Slippage at the heel, is more of a pain than cramped toes. Also, the quality isn't 'all that'. It's like an upmarket Vans, with the detailing dialed right back to suit a more minimal taste, and with marginally higher quality. But poorly designed from a perspective of comfort. In hindsight, I wouldn't buy these, even at half price. But maybe I just don't have the right shaped foot for these things. I assume there must be many satisfied customers, otherwise they wouldn't make them. Make sure you get them from somewhere that gives refunds.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly from the experiences I have had CP's fit like **** as well. They are always far too narrow and crush my toes, even after they have stretched. The slim silhouette looks good though and eventually the shoes break in to a decent fit. I wouldn't buy them at retail but they are a good deal on sale.

sixsails

Reaction score
I'm thinking about cancelling my order of desert boots after reading this, is it also true of the Achilles low?

themselves

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sixsails
I'm thinking about cancelling my order of desert boots after reading this, is it also true of the Achilles low?

maybe I've just got weird feet. you might really like them. Did you go down 1 from your normal size?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sixsails
Jesus. Like any other shoe, they're gonna fit some people's feet better than other's. The number of complaints is going to be directly proportional to the cost and whether the buyer tried them on before buying them. Either go try them on or buy them from an estore that allows returns.

sixsails

Reaction score
I'm a 10 trying the desert boots in 42, and yeah I wouldn't be buying these without the option to return.

Shirt+Pants

Reaction score
From what I gather in this thread two people have ordered from Aplace. One good experience and one bad one. Has anyone else bought from them? If so would you mind sharing how it went?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you guys realize taht tannery has had those prices for the last couple months in store...

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ppllzz
you guys realize taht tannery has had those prices for the last couple months in store...

laugh.gif
yeah ever since the 60% off sale they did a while back it's been this low even online

delakingois

Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
I have a hard time wearing navy sneaks with jeans. Sometimes looks like jammies.

Finally someone who agrees with me.
worship.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads