• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cobbler Union - Bespoke-Inspired, Small-Batch, Luxury Men's Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Hi. Nice shoes. I am a narrowish 12.5(US) on the Brannock. Am I best off ordering the Guillaume II (on the Louvre, apparently) in 11.5(UK)?

Having tried on a bunch of lasts from Cobbler Union, I am usually 1 size down (though with some of the loafers I am 1.5 sizes down). I would say though that I have medium / wider feet with a higher arch, so models like the Louvre do not work for me. If I were to wear it though, I would buy it only half a size down; since you have narrower feet, go with the 1 size down.

Their shoes are great though!

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Hi. Nice shoes. I am a narrowish 12.5(US) on the Brannock. Am I best off ordering the Guillaume II (on the Louvre, apparently) in 11.5(UK)?

Dear Bobdobalina,

Many thanks for your interest on Cobbler Union! And for your comment on our shoes!

Guillaume II is LOUVRE Last, which is a good last for narrow feet.
As you are a narrowish 12.5US on Brannock boots, then 11.5UK could be a good start. If you are based in US, the EXCHANGE, on top of the SHIPMENT, is included in the discounted price of the on-going WINTER SALE.

So you might exchange by 1/2 size up or down afterwards if it does not fit good and we still have those sizes in stock.

Looking forward to see you joining the Union soon!!

Best,
Daniel

dynemacron

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: on the shoes like the Guillaume III, it states that there is a subtle storm welt. From my understanding storm welts are wider pieces that extend and wrap around the upper to create a somewhat protective layer for the bottom part of the upper. Can you describe or show pictures of the subtle storm welt you are talking about, since I don't see anything like that in the photos?

Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys: on the shoes like the Guillaume III, it states that there is a subtle storm welt. From my understanding storm welts are wider pieces that extend and wrap around the upper to create a somewhat protective layer for the bottom part of the upper. Can you describe or show pictures of the subtle storm welt you are talking about, since I don't see anything like that in the photos?

Dear Dynemacron,

Many thanks for highlighting this. In fact, it is an error in the product description. Guillaume boots family does not have Storm Welt. We are changing that as we speak. Thanks again!

I take the opportunity to attach a couple of pictures of Cobbler Union models that have Storm Welt.
We have 2 types.

Type 1
Alex uR

Type 2
Miquel uR II

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Daniel

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20180306_124230.jpg

Got these on sale a few weeks ago. Breaking in nicely after I widened the left toe box. Love the look!

dynemacron

Reaction score
View attachment 936749

Got these on sale a few weeks ago. Breaking in nicely after I widened the left toe box. Love the look!

Looks like you have a high instep; I'm curious how you find the fit and how you ended up sizing the shoe compared to your normal size? I normally don't consider pebble grain, but it actually looks really good in a spectator style model.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like you have a high instep; I'm curious how you find the fit and how you ended up sizing the shoe compared to your normal size? I normally don't consider pebble grain, but it actually looks really good in a spectator style model.

I do have a high instep. These are 12.5, and my other pair is 13. I typically wear a US 13E and UK12. My left foot is slightly bigger, and really these would be better if they came in wide. Below is a top-down shot giving you an idea on how the laces close with my instep. I personally don't care if laces are completely closed (although I know some do). You might also notice where I stretched it out a bit on the outside left shoe right behind the toe stiffener.
20180306_131505.jpg

dynemacron

Reaction score
I do have a high instep. These are 12.5, and my other pair is 13. I typically wear a US 13E and UK12. My left foot is slightly bigger, and really these would be better if they came in wide. Below is a top-down shot giving you an idea on how the laces close with my instep. I personally don't care if laces are completely closed (although I know some do). You might also notice where I stretched it out a bit on the outside left shoe right behind the toe stiffener.
View attachment 936780

Thanks! That is how my vamp looks when I wear my Allen Edmonds Strands (after fitting me in the store, we opted to not go for wide since my feet are not wide, just the high instep, and I was quite insistent on getting the Strands); most of my other shoes accommodate my instep better. I'm always curious about how people find things fit them. So then, do you mean these are 12.5 UK, meaning you sized up?

The pair I have from Cobbler Union doesn't have that issue, but then again they are boots. I found I can't wear some of their models (the narrower ones) simply because my instep is too high and the toe box is a touch too small. I think though that you may like the latest boots though from Guillame, since they are on the wider boot last with more ample space in the instep--and your feet seem similar to mine in shape.

Daniel__G

Reaction score
INTRODUCING MIQUEL V

The Miquel V epitomizes our relentless pursuit of simplicity and elegance.
This fantastic wholecut features an exquisite museum calf upper and our exclusive fiddleback beveled waist sole creating a sleek and sophisticated silhouette.

Limited quantities available for immediate delivery.

Please, use this threat to comment on the model and/or ask any questions
you might have.

Or e-mail us to [email protected]

We will be more than happy to answer to you and share with SF community.

Thanks,
The Cobbler Union Team​

Daniel__G

Reaction score
Last edited:

Daniel__G

Reaction score
@styleforum is pleased to introduce #CUEuropeWeek , in collaboration with @cobblerunion.

Part of Styleforum’s mission is to introduce our community to the “behind the scenes” of a brand, and connect makers with like-minded connoisseurs that appreciate their works.

Starting yesterday and running during this week, Daniel Porcelli, the creator of Cobbler Union, will share with us some of the highlights of his most recent trip to Europe where he went to meet with his team in Spain, attend Lineapelle in Milan, develop new products, and—of course—enjoy a great meal, or two.

Follow the hashtag #CUEuropeWeek and keep your eyes peeled for something special coming up soon...

Daniel__G

Reaction score

THE CLASSIC CHUKKA - REINVENTED
Chukkas are arguably the most versatile type of footwear you can own.

Dating back to the 1920's, Chukka boots enjoy a strong heritage and are considered a classic staple in a man's wardrobe.

The Cobbler Union Chukka is both elegant and functional and can be paired with trousers and a sports coat or with your favorite pair of jeans and a polo shirt.

The Chukka V is one of the most
versatile shoes you can own.

OVERVIEW
Handcrafted in Spain
Construction: Goodyear-welt
Last: SOHO
Fit: Select your normal US/UK size
Leather: French pebble grain calfskin
Sole: Ultra-light studded Italian Vibram rubber soles

Please, use this threat to ask any question.
We will happy to answer & share with SF community.

Thanks,
The Cobbler Union Team

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads