• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Master Milano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does CM make any trousers in like 100% cotton/wool?

Yeah they do, i think in grey and navy, the usual colors

I'd wait. In a few weeks it will probably drop in price. Coats tend to stick around longer, so wait and you might be able to get it for half price. As for colour, maybe gray. Last season they had a navy blue peacoat, but this seasons looks darker which I don't think looks as good.
Fall lookbook: https://apps.facebook.com/cm-lookbook/
I like the navy suit, but I think winter tends to have the better items.

I don't see any of the sweaters at the store :( but there is this wool/cotton blazer that was pretty awesome

Last edited:

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

^ would you mind checking for an XS? meanwhile I'll search for a picture of it, TIA.

I'll take a look this week and see what my local stores have.
How much do the wool trousers retail for? I'm looking for some cheap (<$100) wool trousers for this winter.

yeah, there's tonnes. full retail's like $100-130 for cotton and wool respectively but always stuff on sale. There's a bunch now on sale for probably $29-59... what waist size are you?
Does CM make any trousers in like 100% cotton/wool?

duh. what kind of a store doesn't make trousers with 100% wool or cotton?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need waist size 30-32, most likely a 31. Should I check my CM tomorrow??

Thanks for letting me know

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is you waist size actually 31? I'm not sure how low the waist sizes run. You'll probably have to size down, though. A size 31 fit me, but I'm closer to a 34 in reality.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
well trousers are still $99 - $149 :yikes:

when is the next sale? may need to wait till then

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went into their store a couple days ago, and the OCBDs look really fantastic. But they're all around $70 CAD. That's $56CAD + taxes if I find someone with a student card, which isn't so bad.

They also have lots of XS, which is really awesome as I can hardly ever find shirts that fit me properly - only the H&M cotton/polyester shirts :(.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the McNairy's are exclusive to the U.S? I've never seen them in any of the stores in T.O, just Clarks.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if the McNairy's are exclusive to the U.S? I've never seen them in any of the stores in T.O, just Clarks.

I don't think they're exclusive to the US... but I think they're only sold at the flagship stores

malaujai

Reaction score
Saw a post from CM on FB that they are getting (or have gotten) the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots! Then someone commented saying they've got them at the Bloor location in Toronto? Anyone seen them/know how much they cost?

phazeonon

Reaction score
I called the flagship store by union square/flatron 21st street to see how much they were charging for Wolverine 1000 mile boots, and one of the worker there told me that it was $369 + tax. And as with all the third party products, you CANNOT combine 20% student discounts on these.. so you can feel free to try them out in store, but i'm pretty sure you can find a pair for much cheaper elsewhere

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went to the Eaton Centre location to check out the prices, and they didn't have them yesterday. The guy said they were trying to find out if they'd be stocking them, but if not, their Bloor Street location would have them. Hmm... either their Bloor or Queen St location, can't remember anymore.

DueWest/NextDoor Clothing on Queen W had some, and the store just after that has RedWings.

Here's a tip though: If you've never ordered from Revolve Clothing before, call them on the phone and order the Wolverine's, tell them you're a first time buyer, and you'll get a 30% discount. Works out to something like $240 a pair. I'm getting mine soon! :slayer:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics