Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. btatedash

btatedash Well-Known Member

Just realized I have the Bowery Slim. Suttons fit slimmer all the way down the leg.

2. angelescrest

angelescrest Senior member

Thank you, that's quite helpful.

3. Colrais

Colrais Well-Known Member

How is the quality of Club Monaco material? I'm looking more specifically at their merino.

4. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

I've had a CM merino v-neck sweater for literally a few years now without issue. I don't abuse it and don't wash it too often, but it's held up without issue and not really any pilling to speak of. As usual, just wait until end of season for huge discounts and keep in mind they pretty much do the same basics most years so if it's a generic design, don't rush to get it until one of those 20-40% off weekends and after a couple of mark-downs. But short answer is I haven't had any issues with their core fabrics.

5. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I've also had cashmere and merino from Club Monaco and have not had any issue with it. I've been finding it's getting tougher and tougher to find 100% wool items these days from the Gap and Banana Republic. You need to step up to J. Crew and Club Monaco level to get it from what I'm seeing.

6. althanis

althanis Senior member

I've got their grey and navy merino v-necks, and they've held up very well for a while now (they only seem to offer those two in vnecks). In fact, I even bought an extra navy, cause I wear it often in the cooler months, and it was on a pretty great markdown. I do that sometimes.

Their merino crewnecks this year were in more colours than navy and grey, but they had buttons on the sleeve cuffs?!? I tried it on and was happy, then saw the buttons. Promptly returned.