• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clinton & Obama both endorse Cole Haan.

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...r-president-/1

"Turns out Presidents Obama and Clinton know a good pair of shoes when they see them!

The spiffy dress shoes that both presidents admired on the players during yesterday's meeting with the men's U.S. World Cup Soccer Team were hand-crafted vegetable-tanned leather cap-toe oxfords made by Cole Haan, the high-end footwear and accessories company.

The shoe is called the "Caper," the color is caramel (it also comes in black and beige canvas) and the price: $295.

In case you missed this important White House development yesterday, take a look at The Oval's post on it here. A brief recap: during a meet-and-greet with members of the soccer team, both presidents commented on how much they liked the players' fancy shoes. "I want to be on this team just for the shoes," Clinton said.

He called the shoes "cool." Obama called them "sharp."

"We're thrilled the Caper caught the eye of former president Clinton," said Cole Haan spokeswoman Merideth Gilmor.

Gilmor says Cole Haan provides some of the "off the field" footwear for the soccer players. Nike, which owns Cole Haan, provides players' athletic gear.

It's not the first time Obama has had an eye for Cole Haans. Guess what he was wearing on Inauguration Day?"

These appear to the shoes in question:
Caper-C08332_A.jpg

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

youngScholar

Reaction score
Wait, Big O wore Cole Haan for his inauguration?
uhoh.gif

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by youngScholar
Wait, Big O wore Cole Haan for his inauguration?
uhoh.gif

That bit disturbed me greatly. However, given his 'tuxedo' that night, I'm not really that surprised.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by potemkin_city_limits
The stitching on those shoes is ugly.
Yeah, not really feeling the stitching. The rest of the styling and shape are relatively inoffensive though; it's just a pretty basic cap-toe, albeit probably overpriced for what it is.
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
and the price: $295.
I love when articles do this, I get the feeling from the phrasing that they're trying to show how 'expensive' the shoes are, but when it gets posted on SF that's almost the bare minimum most of us would pay for shoes
lol8[1].gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not a bad shoe - I'm sure it looks snazzy in that cream color from afar. Why read into this any more than that?

Originally Posted by gladhands
Am I the only one who thinks a sitting POTUS should only wear Alden or AE?

The least of your worries should be what brand the POTUS is wearing on his feet, as long as it looks good.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I like these. Cool summer shoe. See, I don't always disagree with Mr. Obama.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Yeah, I like these. Cool summer shoe. See, I don't always disagree with Mr. Obama.
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Not a bad shoe - I'm sure it looks snazzy in that cream color from afar. Why read into this any more than that?

Are you looking at the canvas or caramel version? I'll admit the canvas version looks pretty nice, but in caramel they look average at best; the colour is okay but not particularly nice and the weird stitching (that doesn't appear to be present on the canvas version) isn't great.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess the canvas. Whatever is pictured in this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads