• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two examples of check on check falling short.

Armoury guy

Yesterday

I actually think clag's looks good if busy.

edit: my spouse likes it too. We want your jacket. What fabric is it? Also I want a brown graphpaper shirt now.

Last edited:

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
One thought on the checks/tattersalls. Earlier, several were arguing that they are at the perfect shirt for tweed. The one worry is that from a distance, they resolve to white, so from a distance you look to have white shirt with tweed. That might, from a distance, be discordant.

Hypothesis: it's the whiteness of the shirt that is throwing off Claghorn's fit as well (I suspect smaller checks might have worked better).

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please don't ask questions, yet. I'm interested in your first impressions. Which one?

IMG_8404.jpg

Thanks, y'all!

Spandexter

Reaction score
The first for me and since you gave me know context I applied my own. I like the first because it's slightly more conservative but with interest and
Would suit my office environment nicely.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heavier sharkskin > lighter birdseye
Heavier birdseye > lighter birdseye

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heavier sharkskin > lighter birdseye
Heavier birdseye > lighter birdseye

Thanks for all the replies, gents! Though you haven't made it easier for me, since opinions are divided 50-50 now
biggrin.gif

Greg, do you say heavier sharkskin/birdseye is better durability wise? Or does it drape better? The climate here demands me to go for the lightest that I can get away with, but it would be nice if this suit will last a bit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads