• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best one-stop shop clothing brands/stores to build up a complete wardrobe of high quality classic menswear?

newuser22333

Reaction score
Hello. So I was looking to build up a complete wardrobe think like savile-row style of like fine tailored suits, tailored shirts, cashmere knitwear, quality side-adjuster trousers, overcoats, fine shoes, etc....? I was trying to find a quality high end classic-style menswear brand that makes good quality clothing that's kind of like a one-stop shop as I generally like to stick to just a few brands.....any suggestions? For instance I was looking at Huntsman on Savile Row and they seemed to offer what I like and they seemed pretty good however I'm located in the US. My wardrobe right now consists of mostly ralph lauren which is decent quality but I'm really looking to take it to the next level up. Budgets for each items would be as follows:
Suits: Up to $4000 but would prefer under $3000 per suit
Jackets/Blazers: Up to $2000 per jacket
Dress Shirts: Up to $500 per shirt
Trousers: Up to $500 per trousers
Sweaters: Up to $500 per sweater
Shoes: Up to $1000 per shoes

Last edited:

BlueSteel

Reaction score
To be honest, this approach and budget will get you the best of nothing - but if you can find the right store, you might get OK-to-excellent versions of everything.

Even at that, I feel there are very few US stores that meet the description of what you are seeking.

Maybe Paul Stuart?

Maybe The Armoury?

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are good ideas from @BlueSteel. Of course it depends on where you live or can travel to easily. Here in the Dallas area we have a few nice menswear stores including Stanley Korshak. Of course we also have the original Neiman Marcus which carries Oxxford along with other high end menswear and a beautiful Ralph Lauren store (and Tom Ford, etc. In Highland Park) which would allow you to move up to their purple label stuff. Some good custom stores as well (Culwell, Furr, Q Custom.). Letting us know what city would probably make it easier for those in the area to comment.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For lower priced Very British clothing see Cordings in London. None of the suggestions
above would get you a Savile Row style. For one stop shopping in the US O'Connells
has everything. However the style is Ivy/ Trad. Nothing like Hunstman. Nieman Marcus,
Korshak, Wilkes here in San Francisco sell Italain style clothing. Again, nothing
like Savie Row. There are several bespoke tailors in New York who are expat Brits
who make Savile Row style clothing. Reeves and Leonard Logsdail come to mind.I
just got a beautiful sport coat MTM from the Andover Shop in Cambridge MA. But
my taste is fairly trad: natural shoulders but with side vents and some shape. The price
was at the upper end of your range.

Last edited:

stuffedsuperdud

Reaction score
Hello. So I was looking to build up a complete wardrobe think like savile-row style of like fine tailored suits, tailored shirts, cashmere knitwear, quality side-adjuster trousers, overcoats, fine shoes, etc....? I was trying to find a quality high end classic-style menswear brand that makes good quality clothing that's kind of like a one-stop shop as I generally like to stick to just a few brands.....any suggestions? For instance I was looking at Huntsman on Savile Row and they seemed to offer what I like and they seemed pretty good however I'm located in the US. My wardrobe right now consists of mostly ralph lauren which is decent quality but I'm really looking to take it to the next level up. Budgets for each items would be as follows:
Suits: Up to $4000 but would prefer under $3000 per suit
Jackets/Blazers: Up to $2000 per jacket
Dress Shirts: Up to $500 per shirt
Trousers: Up to $500 per trousers
Sweaters: Up to $500 per sweater
Shoes: Up to $1000 per shoes

Maybe 50 years ago this would have been an easy enough task, since you'd have had a lot of guys who needed a wardrobe such as this whether they liked it or not, and since most of them probably didn't care about clothes, they would have turned to a one-stop shop. In the dystopian nightmare of 2023 though most guys don't need all of these items at once, and the ones that do will probably just default to Nordstrom, which I don't imagine is what you are looking for.

What do you mean by "next level up" though? The prices you list are very expensive for RTW of any sort, and $4000 will get you a made in Los Angeles bespoke suit from my tailor even. Quality gets really subjective after a certain price point (and it's a relatively low one by SF standards).

If you're looking to burn cash for its own sake and perhaps with the implication that pricier is better, well, since you already like Ralph, Purple Label includes all the items on your list and will definitely drain your budget faster than any tittybar I've ever been to, so maybe start there? Neiman Marcus can also get the job done relatively quickly but the items might be a bit too fashion forward by SF standards and might not even work physically unless you're built like Tom Ford himself.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're in the US, just fly to NYC and spend a few days there.

In NYC you have The Armoury (for suiting), Eton, Kamikura (shirts), Leffot, C&J, Alden and Carmina for shoes, etc etc etc.

I like O'Connells but their jackets have American-style stiff/square shoulders that look period correct if you want to look like you're coming out of a 1970s/80s TV show. They're not a one stop shop.

Blastwice

Reaction score
Luxire will make everything on your list to your measurements in whatever fabrics you like and is affordable compared to Saville Row, bespoke, etc. They'll also make most of the garments you listed within your specified budgets, sometimes coming in way cheaper.

The only thing they don't do is knitwear like cashmere sweaters, etc.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If what you really want is British clothing, why not travel? A couple of as cheap as possible trips to London might make you happier in the long run even if they prolong your buying calendar. I'd assume, too, that some of the British tailors visit the US periodically.
If your ideas of style are a bit more flexible, a trip to NYC would offer you a lot to consider.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Maybe Paul Stuart or the Armoury in NYC.
Realistically though- you can better achieve what you want without doing the "one store" approach. Maybe make it a "one trip" approach.

I'd recommend Steed for your tailoring needs. They visit the US several times a year. They fit the bill for your prices on suits, sportcoats, and trousers.

Theoretically- I'd say catch them while they are in NYC. Then you can go find a shoe store you like. Alden's Madison store is there. Carmina has two locations (I'd recommend the one on 45th, it's near J Press and a short walk from a number of other good shops, plus Shazid there is the man when it comes to fittings and customer service). Crockett and Jones has stores there. You can go to one of the above-listed shirtmakers or to Proper Cloth and get that sorted as well.

Satmoche

Reaction score
It has been mentioned a few times now, but I would strongly advise going to the Armoury. They sell everything which you want for your budget, all items are of excellent quality. Their suits are made by Ring Jacket and there is a great variety of choices. Their trousers, chinos and jeans, are fantastic too.
Once you have had a shirt tailored by them, get the measurements and order some from Luxire, Kamakura or Proper Cloth too for their made-to-measure service.

For shoes, I have not tried the Armoury line but they look great and I am confident that the owners will have put efforts into offering a great product. They offer Alden and Spigola, which are great too.
I am not keen on Carmina as the quality of the leather is inconsistent, but they do have two stores in NY - still worth going there during their sales.
Crockett & Jones Handgrade will definitely make you happy, if you do like a typically British shoe - from loafer to Oxford.
Edward Green and Gaziano & Girling are outstanding too, albeit out of your budget, but you may want to buy 'just the one pair' to see what it is like too.

You have not mentioned ties, but I will mention Sam Hober regardless as they have a pristine reputation here. It may be daunting as it is bespoke but there is just so much choice that you want to, at least, have a look.
Kent Wang does good ready-to-wear ties and accessories as well.
Other tie makers worth searching, Marinella, Charvet and Calabrese.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Except for Purple Label, perhaps Steed and the two expat Brit tailors
in NYC none of the suggestions offers a Huntsman-like Savile Row cut.
In fact Steed, in the heart of Britain doesn't. And The Armoury surely
does not, despite its' compelling value proposition. You might check out
Field Custom Tailors in Washington DC which is British. They have a dreadful
website that offers no examples of their house style. Thirty or forty years ago
one could go to Harrods and buy everything including shoes and a hat and
come out looking like a proper "Sloan Ranger" Those days are long gone.

Last edited:

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another relatively low-priced option in London is Ede and Ravenscroft.
I have never visited their store nor seen their merchandise. They do
have a British style, maybe not as structured as Huntsman but definitely
not Italian.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Paul Stuart used to have a lot English flare now it’s soft and short just like every other Italian, maybe bold in color like English (sharper contrast, rather than Italian type of Isaia colorful).

So in short if you want Saville Row in RTW kind not sure. I wouldn’t bother “go up in level”, find a style you like and as long as quality is good enough who cares.

If you’re near NYC, at least there are Thom Sweeney and Richard James both RTW should be under your budget.

Thom Sweeney is probably not strict English if you like huntsman, button point would be lower for sure. They have a few different model, some will have wider lapel than modern skinny.

Richard James‘s RTW is unknown quality to me these days, so do some DD first, don’t want to be a step up version of Paul Smith.

If you like English then Armoury might not strictly check the box as their most popular ring jacket model are all model 3 based, so shoulder is definitely not English.

All else fail do Ralph Lauren Purple Label on sale, though most lapel would be skinnier than Huntsmam. Can also look at Tom Ford on sale, if you can find Shelton in side vent it would might fit your bill in some way (or at least not typically Italian look)

If you don’t mind oversea return there is Edward Sexton RTW and Huntsman RTW, though the two are very different stylistically speaking but definitely English.

Maybe check Ciffonelli RTW too though their popular model probably has skinny lapel vs their signature look.

Husband paris is also structured but their none 70s stuff mostly has skinnier lapel

Steed and Redmayne both have MTM and it’s definitely English and they visit NYC regularly

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads