• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I will soon be getting my crepe sole ripped off and replaced with something, anything that doesn't resemble a dirt sponge.

Seriously? Just buy a pair of Bushacre boots and save your desert boots. In fact, buy a pair of bushacres (they're like $40 if you work it right) and give me your original dbs.

Newstyle

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I will soon be getting my crepe sole ripped off and replaced with something, anything that doesn't resemble a dirt sponge.

I hear ya. I hate the crepe sole and I hate my Clark's. Clarks DBs are the male version of UGGs for chicks. I want to sell mine.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Newstyle
I hear ya. I hate the crepe sole and I hate my Clark's. Clarks DBs are the male version of UGGs for chicks. I want to sell mine.

i'll take em.
pm me.

Vcook

Reaction score
I mostly lurk since I have little to no style by SF standards but I just put some mink oil on my clarks last night and I had to post pics. I love these things. First pic shows one shoe done and one to go.
clarks1.jpg
clarks2.jpg

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's awesome dude, good stuff.

and no need to lurk, seriously 90% of people here don't have style either
wink.gif

just so you know...

Originally Posted by Vcook
I mostly lurk since I have little to no style by SF standards but I just put some mink oil on my clarks last night and I had to post pics. I love these things. First pic shows one shoe done and one to go.

clarks1.jpg

clarks2.jpg

Vcook

Reaction score
Originally Posted by blazingazn
that's awesome dude, good stuff.

and no need to lurk, seriously 90% of people here don't have style either
wink.gif

just so you know...

I'll post when I have something relevant, which probably wont be too often.
confused.gif

That being said I'm a size 12 in just about all my shoes, went 11.5 on the clarks and they fit great. Your mileage may vary.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vcook
I'll post when I have something relevant, which probably wont be too often.
confused.gif

That being said I'm a size 12 in just about all my shoes, went 11.5 on the clarks and they fit great. Your mileage may vary.

i found half a size too.
you can even do a full size because i think they will stretch.

i haven't picked up a pair yet, it's 140$ local here, too much.

kmarriner

Reaction score
So I saw this stuff called "Clarks Weather Guard" and it sort of looks like snoseal; Is it just rebranded snoseal or is it something else?

matchswain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spacemanvt
does anyone want a pair of beeswax DBs size 11s. they arent wide enough for me. I wore them once out in the street

PM me so we can work out a price.

I'm finished lurking and ready to participate....and would like to be able to PM as well (can't since I haven't posted twice).

Spaceman - did you sell these already?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else who ordered from Eastbay get their orders yet? I got mine today and its a half size smaller than I ordered. Maybe they sent out the dbs a half size smaller to account for the shoe running large? The box had a sticker on it saying size 9 (didn't look like a Clarks sticker) but the inside of my right shoe says 8.5# on the sole.

I was wondering why it was so tight when I got it. Luckily the taupe suedes seemed to loosen up a little to snug status after walking around my room for a few minutes. Going to wear it tomorrow to see if it stretches out a little more otherwise I am going to have to return it.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got my oaks this week and everything was right, the greys are still backordered

fyi: they switched the grey model on their website....i was hoping for the original grey that was picture but now its the grey that almost every store carries

no biggy though

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snuff_daddy
i got my oaks this week and everything was right, the greys are still backordered fyi: they switched the grey model on their website....i was hoping for the original grey that was picture but now its the grey that almost every store carries no biggy though
Nice, do the oakwoods pair well with black pants or khakis? Any pics?

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the oaks are darker than the pics ive seen on the web, i plan on wearing them with darker pants/denim though i just snapped this pic w/ black pants since u wanted to see how they paired up
111xj.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads