1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

Occasionally around the apartment (which is carpeted) I get clumps hanging off the side. They fall off instantly when walking outside.

2. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

They dont look very worn to me.

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

Any site right now where some Clarks can be had on discount? Looking for a pair of Beeswax in a size 9 or so (true 9.5D on Brannock). [​IMG]

4. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Senior member

Zappos is out of Beeswax DB's. [​IMG]

Anyone know where I could buy some? Preferably with free return shipping because I haven't tried them on before and can't find anywhere locally that sells them.

5. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

6. SwiftLearner

SwiftLearner Well-Known Member

Curious, why does everyone buy these narrow and stretch it out rather than go up a half size? Too much heel slip? Stretches out even more?

For me, it has to do with socks/no socks. I tend to wear my DBs with very thin socks, and I plan to rock them this summer with no socks. If I had sized up, I would slide around with no socks.

In other news, man, I've been seeing a lot of DBs out in the City recently. Rode the L train to Williamsburg on Saturday night. It was Clarks central! Oy...

7. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

I can just see the Hasidim with the long coats and high white socks rocking some DBs [​IMG]

8. l1mab3an

l1mab3an Senior member

They dont look very worn to me.

Thats what 2 coats of obenaufs does /wink.

9. Ngredient

Ngredient Well-Known Member

How do they handle in the rain? I'm worried about how the suede reacts to water.

10. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

How do they handle in the rain? I'm worried about how the suede reacts to water.

Suede + water = [​IMG]

11. naatkins

naatkins Active Member

I got some shoe trees from Clarks to put in my Sand DBs, and have decided against using them for the boots. The boots are a size 7 and the trees are Clarks for a 7-8. When I put them in you could immediately see around the sides of the front where it was warping the shape of the boot, pushing it outward at a sharp angle.

I only got them because the sand, unlike my taupe ones, seem to be a little softer, and fold in on themselves. For now I've just got a pair of socks stuffed in them and threw the trees in a different pair of shoes. Anyone have suggestions on holding the shape of the softer ones? should I find a smaller tree or just not worry about it? I never have with my taupe, but they're stiffer than the sand, so I haven;'t had that problem with them.

12. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

Other than the sole material, what's the difference between the two?

I have the same question and can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere in the thread. Is the only difference between the DBs and Bushacres the sole? Anyone?

13. phxlawstudent

phxlawstudent Senior member

I have the same question and can't seem to find a clear answer anywhere in the thread. Is the only difference between the DBs and Bushacres the sole? Anyone?

Bushacre says natural leather exterior, man made interior (or thereabouts). The crepe soled ones do not say this. Thus, it is possible that the small leather heel area is real leather in the crepe soled version, and faux leather in the Bushacre.

However, I think its just not marked in the regular Clarks. In addition, it seems that Bushacres are an American product as the Bushacres do not come with UK sizing in addition to US sizing.

14. Doctor Quack

Doctor Quack Senior member

It was my understanding that the Bushacres used synthetic materials while the regular DBs used real things.

15. TyCooN

TyCooN Senior member

For me, it has to do with socks/no socks. I tend to wear my DBs with very thin socks, and I plan to rock them this summer with no socks. If I had sized up, I would slide around with no socks.

In other news, man, I've been seeing a lot of DBs out in the City recently. Rode the L train to Williamsburg on Saturday night. It was Clarks central! Oy...

+1, they're getting common. Rarer colors for the win.

It was my understanding that the Bushacres used synthetic materials while the regular DBs used real things.
    I like the bushacre soles better. DBs crepe soles get dirty so fast.

16. gastarbeider

gastarbeider Senior member

Do you get hair and crap stuck to your soles?
    I like the bushacre soles better. DBs crepe soles get dirty so fast.
    little OCD about dirt and hair, aren't you?

17. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior member

Suede + water = [​IMG]

I think this is a common misconception. A couple months back I put a pair of suede shoes under running water and scrubbed them clean. I packed them with newspaper and they dried out just fine.

While it is true that wate will leave water spots, all you need to do is what I did and it takes the spots out. If you look, there is a video on youtube of someone at Alden doing this.

18. y7bbb6

y7bbb6 Well-Known Member

about a year old now.... thinking of trying some black leather food soon. still on the fence though.

here's my post from a while back. they turned out pretty damn odd after some wear. i wouldn't recommend it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dubbed my beeswax with black wax. these pics are from a month ago, i'll post pics of how they look now in a bit. i wonder if anyone has ever done this before...

19. agalloway

agalloway New Member

here's my post from a while back. they turned out pretty damn odd after some wear. i wouldn't recommend it.

any updated pics after the odd look now? cause they look perfect in those before pictures

20. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

likely has been discussed here before, but......

Picked up a pair of DBs on zappos couple days ago at $80 - the sand and dark brown were $80 in my size- and I figured I'd better grab 'em fast b/c I notice from time to time Zappos has shoes (specifically DBs and some Red Wings) go on sale for what seems to be a very short period of time, only to return to the regular price without notice.

Has anyone else noticed this?
    That is how I got my GTs for a nice price - randomly noticed that they were $230 and picked them up - back up to full price the next day.

DBs in that colorway are also back to $100 today.

Guess you just gotta keep an eye on it.