• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clarks Desert Boots

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's the consensus on wearing your suede/nubuck DB's during winter when its wet outside/raining?

iwhelan

Reaction score
Both my brown and grey DBs seem to not care about water. It just dries up and they look the same as ever. However, the sole is so slick that it probably will not be good in icy/snowy conditions. Okay in rain for the most part though.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iwhelan
Both my brown and grey DBs seem to not care about water. It just dries up and they look the same as ever. However, the sole is so slick that it probably will not be good in icy/snowy conditions. Okay in rain for the most part though.

I have oakwood which is a lighter color than the brown you have. Mine appear to have some raindrop spots but its not really noticeable at all. However I wont wear them in the rain or snow again.

brianoh

Reaction score
do NOT wear them in snow. esp if there is any salt on the ground. it will ruin your suede. you shouldn't wear them in the rain either, really.

snuff_daddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for those who ordered from east bay my eastbay order shipped today [edit: just the oak suedes, greys are still backordered] yet another black clarks DB release...i have no comment on these Metallic Leather Clarks
capture1022201053730pm.jpg

Boss1982

Reaction score
Today I got Clark's original Desert Boots, Sand color for $35.00 - tremendous deal at zappos shoe outlet. Sure a lot of their shoes are crappy and worn, but these ones looked brand new and clean. Love this zappos outlet in Kentucky!

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I need to resole my DBs as I was slipping all over campus today, FUUUUCK
ffffuuuu.gif
Do you guys recommend taking the old sole out or just adding a thin nonslip layer underneath? Probably the cobbler knows best but thought I'd get some opinions. They are the Beeswax style also so I don't know if a black thin sole would look ideal.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarksdb
What the O_O? Dude hook me up via some proxy service. What other colors do they have?

That ended like 2 weeks ago. All of them are back up to $95 now. The shoes were on backorder and mine didn't ship to like today.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
seriously, i went to clarks outlet in jersey gardens today and all they had was black and sand, both for $95 and the dude said there's no sale in sight
ffffuuuu.gif

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
ffffuuuu.gif
Do you guys recommend taking the old sole out or just adding a thin nonslip layer underneath? Probably the cobbler knows best but thought I'd get some opinions. They are the Beeswax style also so I don't know if a black thin sole would look ideal.

lol at "cobbler." Do you live in a cottage in a village?

I recommend just being careful not wearing them where it's slippery and wet--though I do all the time and have no trouble. Just be more careful when you walk. That'll be cheaper and less trouble.

Johdus Fanfoozal

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gettoasty
ffffuuuu.gif

I will soon be getting my crepe sole ripped off and replaced with something, anything that doesn't resemble a dirt sponge.

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live on staten island next to goethals about ten mins from jersey gardens. also was hoping to score them for 50 like a million people in this thread have. didn't work out.

Robert

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johdus Fanfoozal
I will soon be getting my crepe sole ripped off and replaced with something, anything that doesn't resemble a dirt sponge.

That. is. so. silly. Seriously.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads